Technical Sales Intern
Job Type: Temporary - Full Time
Travel Required: 0%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Our Renesas Consumer & Wearables Account Sales Team is looking for a talented Electrical Engineering or related student to join our team this Summer as a Technical Sales Engineer in the San Jose Ca office. Our team works with strategic industry partners and customers on system hardware solutions in the following areas: mobile phones, gaming, PC/tablet, automotive and IOT/smart home applications. The successful candidate will work directly with Global Account Managers in the team during their internship. An intern working with team can expect to learn about semiconductor ecosystem and landscape, mobile phone & PC HW design basics and guidelines, semiconductor product development flow and process, as well as customer facing support experience and skills during their time with our team. The candidate will have an opportunity to interface with some of the industries largest customers including Google, Amazon, Microsoft & Meta.
- Support primary Account Managers in the team on various analytics and management tasks such as business analysis and development, project management, supply readiness, etc.
- Candidate will have opportunity to work with various internal teams such as application engineering, technical marketing, sales application engineering and operations, etc., a perfect opportunity to learn about semiconductor product development and support process flow as well as various functionalities.
- Candidate will have opportunity to engage in direct customer support activities, gaining customer-facing communication and negotiation skills.
- Electrical Engineering or similar engineering major
- Passionate about the semiconductor and hardware industry, eager to learn semiconductor products and technologies, as well as targeted applications and designs
- Being responsible and responsive in a fast-moving team
The expected annual pay range for this Internship is an hourly rate of $21.00 - $40 per hour. Please note that final offer amount will be dependent on degree, geographic location, applicable experience, and skillset of the candidate. (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California). Please note that the compensation details listed reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.