Principal (Sales) Applications Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 50%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
Background of Recruitment:
In order to accelerate system solution proposals by expanding our portfolio, we are recruiting engineers with experience in the automotive field. In the future, as technological innovations such as EVs and autonomous driving progress in the automotive field, growth is expected by proposing solutions that include product groups other than MCUs/MPUs.
In addition to adopting Renesas MCU/MPU products in Japanese market, we also need to collaborate with overseas business units to propose innovative/cutting edge products globally in line with the latest trend of technology and solutions. on the challenge of globalization. We are looking for motivated colleagues on the challenge of globalization.
- Contribute to develop new Automotive Winning Combo/PoC/LoTC/QC-IoT in conjunction with all Renesas products.
- PoC development management. (HW, SW, circuit diagram, system block diagram)
- Confirm system requirements and understand issues through meetings with customer/partner design departments and upper management to propose solutions.
- In order to realize the customer's system requirements, hold regular meetings with not only the Japanese business division but also overseas business divisions and come up with optimal proposals.
- Thoroughly understand customer applications, understand the direction of Renesas products and business units, formulate segment strategies, and create new markets.
Required Skills and Work Experience:
- Proven experience in automotive system architecture design and development and also have enough knowledge of both HW and SW.
- Over 10 years of experience in marketing, FAE, development
- Communication skills with customers and internal and external stakeholders
- Material creation and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of ECU, sensors, actuators, communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc).
- Familiarity with automotive software development processes and standards(AUTOSAR, ISO26262 and MCAL)
- Solid understanding of functional safety concepts and methodologies
Required Language Skills:
- English: business level（TOEIC Score around 700)
- Japanese: business level