Principal Application Engineer
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: No
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
As a Principal Systems Engineer in our Performance Digital Power team, you will be a key owner in aligning and presenting our solutions to top tier customers. You will engage cross functionally with a diverse team including marketing, software engineering, IC design, and other applications engineering teams to deliver the most innovative power solutions in the high power digital multiphase sector.
This senior role will lead technical engagements with Tier 1 global customers to secure strategic and large revenue design wins. A broad comprehension of DC/DC power conversion is required including familiarity with digital PWM controllers. Key responsibilities include:
- Support marketing efforts by providing detailed solutions matching customer detailed requirements.
- Support development efforts by contributing to product requirement documents to ensure design teams have the detailed information needed to execute and verify designs.
- Develop collateral such as datasheets, performance reports, and application notes to support customer engagement.
- Comprehend customer ecosystems and identify opportunities to expand the Renesas footprint.
- Support training of other AE’s and FAE’s to enable broad support and knowledge of the products.
Ideal Candidate Profile
This role requires deep technical strength in high performance multiphase power management related to CPU’s and other high current ASIC’s. Deep technical capability will be combined with excellent communication skills, including customer facing, to create the capability to own major technical engagements. Typical requirements are a minimum of 15-20 years of relevant semiconductor experience. BS degree in engineering (EE – power electronics preferred), with MS degree preferred.
• $165,000 - $206,000 salary range (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
• Please note that the compensation details listed reflect salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
• Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.