Sr. Chief of Staff
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Remote Work Available: Yes
Renesas is one of the top global semiconductor companies in the world. We strive to develop a safer, healthier, greener, and smarter world, and our goal is to make every endpoint intelligent by offering product solutions in the automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT markets. Our robust product portfolio includes world-leading MCUs, SoCs, analog and power products, plus Winning Combination solutions that curate these complementary products. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas employs roughly 21,000 people in more than 30 countries worldwide. As a global team, our employees actively embody the Renesas Culture, our guiding principles based on five key elements: Transparent, Agile, Global, Innovative, and Entrepreneurial. Renesas believes in, and has a commitment to, diversity and inclusion, with initiatives and a leadership team dedicated to its resources and values. At Renesas, we want to build a sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics and the world.
The Chief Sales and Marketing Officer (CSMO) is seeking a Sr. Chief of Staff. This is a high-visibility strategic partner and leader who will support CSMO with effective decision-making, project management, and execution of strategic initiatives. CoS plays a pivotal role in supporting the CSMO by providing knowledge, insight, guidance, and execution support across a broad range of topics and activities. CoS provides the organizational and communication framework for employees and leadership team members to implement the CSMO’s vision and achieve short term & long-term goals.
Ideally, the candidate will have a strong background in sales and marketing and semiconductor industry, with a blend of consulting and corporate experience. High intellectual capacity and business acumen with strong communication skills will be key elements to success in this role. A successful candidate for the role will have the vision to live in the future and focus on long-term planning / projects to ensure the growth of the organization and the success of the CSMO. They will have a strong drive to succeed along with the ability to assimilate into the business and add real value across the sales and marketing function globally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trusted advisor: Serve as a thought partner and strategic advisor to CSMO, standing in on meetings, offering different perspectives, and challenging status quo helping the team to uncover new possibilities; Provide analysis, recommendations, and options to the CSMO regarding high impact decisions; Exercise exceptional discretion with confidential information to keep the CSMO apprised of what is going on across the organization.
- Strategic partner: Suggest strategic initiatives to improve workflow, teamwork, and budget management; Identify challenges, provide workable solutions, communicate the pertinent details to CSMO / executives for decision making; Work directly with the SAM’s top executive to establish the organization's long-term strategy & objectives and day-to-day operations.
- Proxy: Act as a proxy for the CSMO, advising key personnel on ways to achieve alignment on decisions and advance the goals of the organization. Attend and facilitate complex, cross-departmental discussions to ensure that good decisions are reached. Be capable and willing to challenge those more senior and ensure that decisions are carried out.
- Gatekeeper: Take responsibility for a wide range of ad hoc activities on behalf of the CSMO, enabling him to scrutinize and prioritize tasks that require his focus. Help the CSMO triage & prioritize incoming requests / challenges / projects / business activities so that the CSMO and his direct reports are moving forward with only the most important work.
- Oversee operations: Take control over the content and agendas for significant internal and external meetings (such as board meetings, key client meetings, internal all-hands, executive off-sites, and the like) and governance processes; provide insights and analysis to assist in strategic debates and track follow through.
- Implementor: Lead cross-functional strategic projects with goals ranging from assessing progress, achieving goals, and motivating individuals to achieve their goals; Facilitate special projects and ensure action items are executed on behalf of the CSMO; For a new initiative or special project, assess the risk, cost, & work required, and facilitate / oversee it to completion.
- Integrator: Work with CSMO’s direct reports & their teams on project coordination and business administration; Acts as an extension of the CSMO, and information funnel, filter, and facilitator with internal and external stakeholders. Help direct reports of the CSMO and their teams interpret, understand, and carry out the vision and strategic intent and keep the organization aware of what is going on at the top. Manage risk by bridging interdepartmental gaps, by connecting the executive to what is really going on in the organization. Maintain continuity during leadership changes and offer a feedback loop for behaviors that don’t meet long-term growth objectives
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration or related field; MBA is a plus
- 6-10+ years of experience working in a strategic role (e.g., Corp. Dev, Consulting) with combination of sales, marketing, and operations experience
- Semiconductor industry experience (5+ years) would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience working with senior leadership preferred.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strategic mindset and strong problem solver
- Self-starter, someone who sees issues and takes them on
Additional skills that are a Plus
- Japanese and English language skills
- Global experience preferred.
$196,500 - $295,000 salary range (Note: Disclosure as required by SB 1162 (9-27-22) for California)
Please note that the compensation details listed reflect salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including jobrelated skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Renesas Electronics America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to celebrating diversity and fostering a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.