Senior Corporate Counsel
By making evidence the heart of security, we help customers stay ahead of ever-changing cyber-attacks.
Corelight is the cybersecurity company that transforms network and cloud activity into evidence. Evidence that elite defenders use to proactively hunt for threats, accelerate response to cyber incidents, gain complete network visibility and create powerful analytics using machine-learning and behavioral analysis tools. Easily deployed, and available in traditional and SaaS-based formats, Corelight is the fastest-growing Network Detection and Response (NDR) platform in the industry. And we are the only NDR platform that leverages the power of Open Source projects in addition to our own technology to deliver Intrusion Detection (IDS), Network Security Monitoring (NSM), and Smart PCAP solutions. We sell to some of the most sensitive, mission critical large enterprises and government agencies in the world.
Corelight is looking for an experienced corporate attorney to join Corelight’s growing legal team. As Sr. Corporate Counsel you will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating customer and business agreements and providing legal support for revenue-generating activities. You will report to the VP, Head of Legal. You should have meaningful experience negotiating SaaS transactions and managing issues related to privacy, data security, and intellectual property, including open source software.
- Handle major engagements and negotiations, balancing expansive revenue growth with long-term risk
- Work with Finance, Product, Security, and Privacy to communicate and enforce applicable policies as they relate to Corelight’s contracting processes
- Identify and assess legal and business risks, and escalate issues as needed
- Comfortable working closely with sales as a strategic partner
- Experience implementing contract management tools and creating automated contracting workflows
- Support the development and execution of legal strategies for international expansion
What We Look For
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience including at least 3 years in-house in a relevant role
- Active state bar membership
- Knowledge of intellectual property, data privacy, and contract law
- Experience with cloud and software industries, including SaaS models, and a desire to work on legal issues in these areas
- Substantial experience negotiating complex transactions involving security, privacy, and IP issues
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior legal team members
- Desire and ability to provide legal advice to teams such as Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and HR summarizing and communicating legal concepts and risks in ways that are meaningful
- Knowledge of applicable accounting rules including those relating to revenue recognition
We are proud of our culture and values - driving diversity of background and thought, low-ego results, applied curiosity and tireless service to our customers and community. Corelight is committed to a geographically dispersed yet connected employee base with employees working from home and office locations around the world. Fueled by an accelerating revenue stream, and investments from top-tier venture capital organizations such as Crowdstrike, Accel and Insight - we are rapidly expanding our team.
Check us out at www.corelight.com
Notice of Pay Transparency:
The compensation for this position ranges from $191,000 - $224,000/year and may vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. Depending on the nature and seniority of the role, a percentage of compensation may come in the form of a commission-based or discretionary bonus. Equity and additional benefits will also be awarded.
Something looks off?