Professional Services Engineer - (TS/SCI Eligible and TS/SCI)
By making evidence the heart of security, we help customers stay ahead of ever-changing cyber-attacks.
Corelight is the cybersecurity company that transforms network and cloud activity into evidence. Evidence that elite defenders use to proactively hunt for threats, accelerate response to cyber incidents, gain complete network visibility and create powerful analytics using machine-learning and behavioral analysis tools. Easily deployed, and available in traditional and SaaS-based formats, Corelight is the fastest-growing Network Detection and Response (NDR) platform in the industry. And we are the only NDR platform that leverages the power of Open Source projects in addition to our own technology to deliver Intrusion Detection (IDS), Network Security Monitoring (NSM), and Smart PCAP solutions. We sell to some of the most sensitive, mission critical large enterprises and government agencies in the world.
We are seeking a very talented, resourceful, and collaborative person to help us grow our Professional Services team. This person will be assisting customers to deploy and use our cybersecurity products. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate and committed and wants to be able to look back a year from now and say with pride, “I helped build that from the ground up.” The role covers quite varied ground depending on the engagement.
- Help customers improve their cybersecurity posture, with a particular focus on process optimization
- Help investigate incidents
- Educate on Zeek Log use, including as it relates to Corelight Suricata alerts
- Design and implement technical solutions with ecosystem partners (packet brokers, asset managers, SOAR systems, etc.)
- Implement queries and dashboards in SIEMs - Splunk, Elastic, Humio, etc.
- Influence customers and Corelight teams and be seen as a technical expert
- Collaborate with product management on product features/integrations
- Work with back-end tools like Kafka and Logstash
- 5+ years experience in a security professional services role
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Strong background in cybersecurity
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy designing novel solutions
- Understand how to scope and describe a services engagement
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Zeek log experience and log analysis skills are required
- Network administration, firewall configuration, and strong knowledge of TCP/IP
- Windows/MacOS/Linux/Unix administration experience
- Scripting in (some of) Zeek, Bash, Python, Perl, Powershell, etc.
- SIEM experience (Splunk required, others a bonus)
- Travel up to 50% post-COVID; some travel now, depending on customer comfort levels
- Prior startup experience preferred
A note on experience
We are proud of our culture and values - driving diversity of background and thought, low-ego results, applied curiosity and tireless service to our customers and community. Corelight is committed to a geographically dispersed yet connected employee base with employees working from home and office locations around the world. Fueled by an accelerating revenue stream, and investments from top-tier venture capital organizations such as Crowdstrike, Accel and Insight - we are rapidly expanding our team.
Check us out at www.corelight.com