Lead Site Reliability Engineer
By making evidence the heart of security, we help customers stay ahead of ever-changing cyber-attacks.
Corelight is a cybersecurity company that transforms network and cloud activity into evidence. Evidence that elite defenders use to proactively hunt for threats, accelerate response to cyber incidents, gain complete network visibility and create powerful analytics using machine-learning and behavioral analysis tools. Easily deployed, and available in traditional and SaaS-based formats, Corelight is the fastest-growing Network Detection and Response (NDR) platform in the industry. And we are the only NDR platform that leverages the power of Open Source projects in addition to our own technology to deliver Intrusion Detection (IDS), Network Security Monitoring (NSM), and Smart PCAP solutions. We sell to some of the most sensitive, mission critical large enterprises and government agencies in the world.
As the Technical Lead - SRE you will collaborate with development and quality engineering to build and maintain our continuous integration pipeline from development to production. You’ll bring a strong systems background and an eye toward automated software engineering and continuous delivery. Your deep understanding of SaaS and cloud technologies, combined with your leadership skills, will be vital in shaping the future of Corelight's Open NDR SaaS Platform.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Engage in overall software architecture from design to implementation, to monitoring, and to testing. This includes conducting ongoing analysis of our architecture and designs, CI/CD practices, implementing automated test suites, monitoring tools, and alerting mechanics.
- Drive Corelight SaaS Cloud architecture, working closely with Engineering, Product, and other technical leaders
- Drive SaaS Operations improvements including Cost, Monitoring, Security, Change Management controls, etc.
- Design, develop and maintain robust and scalable Machine Learning pipelines Infrastructure.
- Implement automation, disaster recovery, and system resilience best practices.
- Work in an Agile development team to design and deliver service features end-to-end from design to production deployment and monitoring.
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review, and design of the Cloud Infrastructure, high availability, resilience, and meeting stringent SLO objectives.
- Work closely with offshore teams on various development projects.
- 10+ years of Enterprise Distributed System Architecture, Public Cloud Infrastructure, Observability, and Infrastructure as a Code.
- Experience programming skills in Python or Golang, Infrastructure such as code (Terraform, Pulumi) and Ansible
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, Elastic Search, Docker, and Containers
- Experience with CI/CD practices, pipelines, monitoring and alerting tools, and automated test suite frameworks such as Gitlab, cloud devops tools, etc
- Experience with current SRE/DevOps best practices.
- Experience in architecting, building, and scaling platforms and distributed systems that require high availability, resilience, and meeting stringent SLO objectives is required.
- Knowledgeable in distributed systems and redundancy / high-availability and performance optimizations
- Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure for machine learning pipelines using Apache Spark or Apache Flink.
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and big data technologies.
- Familiarity with AWS, particularly Lambda, APIGW, MSK, EMR, AppSync,EKS, MLOps
- Experience in optimizing and troubleshooting complex, managing/deploying large-scale cloud infrastructure
- Experience in backup strategies and Disaster Recovery
- Knowledge of Network-based Security Detections and Attack techniques desirable.
- Experience with Search and Analytics tools like Splunk, Elasticsearch etc.
- Experience working in a distributed team.
- Good to have compliance requirements of FedRAMP, GDPR, SOC2, etc.
- Familiar with security and risk mitigation (authentication, encryption, anomaly detection) for a cloud-based environment
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified. Experience comes in different forms; many skills transfer; and passion goes a long way. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for.
We are proud of our culture and values - driving diversity of background and thought, low-ego results, applied curiosity and tireless service to our customers and community. Corelight is committed to a geographically dispersed yet connected employee base with employees working from home and office locations around the world. Fueled by an accelerating revenue stream, and investments from top-tier venture capital organizations such as Crowdstrike, Accel and Insight - we are rapidly expanding our team.
Check us out at www.corelight.com