Business Continuity Manager
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
DailyPay is seeking a Business Continuity Manager to join the Daily Pay Operational Excellence team. This is an exciting opportunity in a highly innovative environment! The Manager will provide Business Continuity strategic and operational support and thought leadership. The position will be responsible for establishing a Business Continuity governance structure, developing, implementing and overseeing business continuity functions for Daily Pay Operations. This individual will set the BCM strategy, tactical action plans, and templates for consistent execution and mitigate gaps uncovered from Business Impact Analysis. They will also be responsible for performing continuity audits on critical vendors and will coordinate with Information Security and R&D on Disaster Recovery plans. This position will partner with stakeholders across all functions within the organization with a focus on Engineering, Operations, Support, and Client Management teams. They will ensure awareness through training, playbooks, and roadshows, ensure appropriate readiness, conduct lessons learned, post-mortem meetings and provide reporting packages for leadership.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Leads the development of a comprehensive business continuity strategy and programs
- Establish a framework and methodology to manage all business continuity life cycle activities including risk assessment, business impact analysis, strategy development, implementation, testing, plan maintenance for all businesses and functional areas on a global basis
- Facilitating business continuity exercises to test the effectiveness of business continuity plans and identify gaps
- Develop policies and procedures that provide consistent and strategic BC direction/oversight for varied programs, and can be audited broadly for compliance
- Supports Internal audit and regulatory exams of compliance with required regulations
- Ensure that Business Continuity plans are properly rated for all business process areas, contain all required sections, and reflect current conditions
- Partner with Engineering and Operations areas to develop and maintain recovery procedures for Tier 1 business applications
- Develop collaborative BC strategies, plans and exercises that improve continually the resiliency of the enterprise
- Work with automated software tools to develop a dynamic dashboard ensuring consistent reporting and compliance against enterprise BC standards to program and senior leadership
- Update risk assessments and business impact analysis
- Test the plan via table top exercises, simulation tests, workflow and full interruption tests
- Conduct training for individuals to prepare them for their expected tasks
- Support the Vendor Risk Assessment process related to business continuity and recovery concerns
- Consult with lines of business on business continuity processes and capabilities in order to properly assess a vendor’s recovery strategies in order to determine a vendor risk assessment
What You Bring to The Team:
- Must have Business Continuity experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Program Management tools, standards and principles
- Demonstrated ability to define and document Business Continuity processes
- Demonstrated ability to read situations quickly, identify resources needed, plan crisis response, deploy necessary resources, and keep others informed, as needed
- Technically strong with ability to quickly grasp complicated system architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to deliver accurate and concise executive-level updates under a time constraint
- Ability to work under pressure, deal with difficult situations and individuals while maintaining composure, adjust quickly to shifting priorities, and make quick decisions with limited information
- Comfortable to work in gray spaces while being able to work at a tactical level
- Technical background and an ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Experience working in a growing startup and/or SaaS environment
- Experience streamlining processes, optimizing workflows, introducing new features with positive business impacts
- Strong competency in Google suite (Sheets, Slides, etc.), and other quantitative and story-telling platforms used for executive presentations
- Professional designation or degree in the area of business, law, compliance, risk management, or financial services will be preferred
- BCP Certification is a plus
What We Offer:
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Life and AD&D, short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
Final offer amounts are determined by a variety of factors including candidate experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, market location, and internal compensation equity.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Something looks off?