Analyst, Trust and Safety
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
This is an experienced role where you’ll execute on high-volume, data-rich processes as a member of our Fraud Analyst team. If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Define the strategy and vision of Daily Pay’s approach to fraud work on helping review and mitigate fraud risk as it pertains to Daily Pay’s service
- Analyze and understand fraud vectors across DailyPay’s platform – a complete end to end analysis that allows us to better identify the bad actors on our platform and innovate to mitigate future fraud and improve the experience of good users
- Consume review data from various internal and external sources and create inputs for our 24/7 payment stream
- Influence and engage across the company – partner with product, customer success, Partner support analysts, engineering and analytics team to define goals
- Perform regular validations on user account issues
- Optimize through experimentation – use data-driven decision-making and sound judgment to run tests on everything that will drive down fraud while accelerating fraud investigations
- Investigate user use cases with an eye for iteration on existing processes
- Monitor real-time queues and identify high-risk transactions within the business portfolio
- Observe customer transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as account take over, friendly fraud, theft, and similar other risks
- Identify fraudulent transactions and cancel them from further processing
- Resolve queued transactions within the service level agreements to reduce potential revenue losses
- Interact with customers (users and partners) to validate the information and to confirm or cancel authorizations
- Resolve customer issues within the scope of existing service level agreements
- Monitor constantly customer and transactional records to identify unauthorized transactions and fraudulent accounts
- Maintain fraud analysis models to improve efficiency and effectiveness of company systems
- Ensure confidentiality of all information collected during investigation
- Determine existing fraud trends by analyzing accounts and transaction patterns
- Identify system improvements to prevent fraudulent activities
- Recommend anti-fraud processes for changing transaction patterns and trends
- Recommend new software tools used for fraud detection, prevention, and reporting activities
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports for Managers
What You Bring to The Team:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in operations, fraud investigation, accounting or finance
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in problem-solving
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong and cross-functional communication
- Subject Matter Expertise related to the Backend and Internal operating systems
- Banking background, ach, debit card, or DDU fraud experience
- Ability to create and develop internal operating procedures and track metrics
- Flexible scheduling to meet needs outside normal business hours
What We Offer:
The target base salary range for this position is $45,400 to $68,300 per year. Final offer amounts are determined by a variety of factors including candidate experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, market location, and internal compensation equity.
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Life and AD&D, short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
Pay Transparency. DailyPay takes a market-based approach to compensation and compensation may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The salary ranges are listed by geographic tier. Additionally, this role may be eligible for variable incentive compensation in addition to stock options. Where a candidate fits within the compensation range for a role is based on their demonstrated experience, qualifications, skills and internal equity.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to email@example.com. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.