Manager, Government Relations for California
DailyPay is the leader in the on-demand pay industry with an unrivaled technology platform, an unmatched list of blue-chip clients and an extensive list of industry awards. We are rewriting the invisible rules of finance by creating a new financial system. A financial system that is more equitable and inclusive, and benefits everyone. A financial system that enables workers to access their earned pay when they need it. We believe that money should move faster and smoother between employer and employee, between merchant and shopper, between financial institution and customer.
We are a mission-driven company hyper-focused on designing technology that can build a better financial system and future. It’s no wonder that we are growing at an extraordinary pace. Now we are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about reimagining how money moves. If you’re willing to define new rules, change systems and lives, come join us at DailyPay.
We seek a mission-driven, values-aligned leader adept at working in teams and coalitions and motivated by economic justice, technology policy, and protecting consumers.
If this opportunity excites you, we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the qualifications.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Manage and execute new and on-going integrated advocacy campaigns in collaboration with DailyPay’s internal public policy team, external partners, and allied stakeholders that fully leverages rigorous data analysis, strategic communications, coalition-building, and grasstops organizing.
- Communicate policy positions directly to state elected officials and their staff, grassroots community leaders, advocates for local businesses, and other similar stakeholders.
- Develop, analyze, and negotiate legislative and other policy proposals, positions, and amendments, as well as advocacy materials.
- Generate and author press materials, committee testimony, and other external communications collateral while working collaboratively with the other members of the DailyPay public policy team.
What You Bring to The Team:
- Demonstrated experience navigating the legislative process in California, Governor’s Office work, and/or other advocacy experience in California’s State Capitol (4+ years).
- Established relationships and experience working in California with:
○ Local community organizations for historically disadvantaged communities
○ Organized labor
○ Advocates for regional businesses
○ Research institutions
○ Or similar stakeholder organizations (4+ years)
- Working relationships with California policymakers, including members of the Legislature, the Governor’s Office, and state agencies.Demonstrated expertise with California consumer protection issues, racial and economic justice, and technology policy.
- Political acumen and experience anticipating how political conditions in the Capitol interact with the legislative and regulatory process.
- Managerial experience leading professional teams of consultants in pursuit of DailyPay’s pro-consumer, mission driven goals.
DailyPay’s international headquarters are in Downtown Manhattan with additional offices in Downtown Minneapolis and Belfast, Northern Ireland. This is therefore a remote position but our Senior Public Policy Manager for California must be based in Sacramento, CA or within a reasonable distance from the state Capitol.
What We Offer:
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Opportunity for equity ownership
- Life and AD&D, short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
Pay Transparency. DailyPay takes a market-based approach to compensation and compensation may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into two tiers based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The salary ranges are listed by geographic tier. Additionally, this role may be eligible for variable incentive compensation in addition to stock options. Where a candidate fits within the compensation range for a role is based on their demonstrated experience, qualifications, skills and internal equity.
DailyPay is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable culture of belonging, grounded in empathy and respect, which values openness to opinions, awareness of lived experiences, fair treatment and access for all. We strive to build and develop diverse teams to create an organization where innovation thrives, where the full potential of each person is engaged, and their views, beliefs and values are integrated into our ways of working.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to join us on our mission. If you require reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the recruitment process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodation will be addressed as confidentially as practicable.
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.