Professional Services Project Manager
The data.world team is seeking an experienced Professional Services Project Manager to join us as we engage our customers in implementing our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data.
As a member of our Customer Experience (CX) team, you'll collaborate directly with our clients to execute onboarding projects using our established train-the-trainer approach, guaranteeing the successful integration of the data.world platform. We seek a driven team member who is passionate about helping clients identify and implement the use cases that will have the greatest positive impact on their business.
At data.world, you will:
- Lead Customer Onboarding: Manage onboarding projects in collaboration with customers and internal CX partners. Define project goals, document detailed scopes, and customize plans to ensure successful customer engagement (typically 12-18 weeks)
- Customer Engagement: Schedule and facilitate customer meetings, providing clear agendas and meeting notes
- Project Oversight: Prepare and present project status reports to align with customer project stakeholders, addressing progress, risks, issues, and achievements
- Risk Management: Identify, document, and escalate project risks internally to ensure customer satisfaction and project success
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure excellence in customer experience, smooth transitions between lifecycle stages, and long-term customer success
- Occasional travel within the US, up to 25%, as required
What we’d like to see:
- Associate’s degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
- 2-3+ years of customer-facing project management experience in professional services/software implementation
- Ability to adapt templated project plans to suit unique customer engagements and evolving needs
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects across various customers while meeting deadlines
- High emotional intelligence for effective collaboration with diverse customers and teams
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated curiosity, willingness to learn, and a proactive approach
Big pluses include:
- Proficiency in Project Management software (PSA and/or PPM systems).
- Familiarity with data governance and data catalogs as a practice
- Pursuing a recognized Project Management certification (e.g., CAPM, PMP, PRINCE2, Agile)
- An understanding Familiarity with data governance and data catalogs as a practice of how they are leveraged as enterprise data solutions are managed and secured at scale
- Proficiency with Mac, Google Docs, Atlassian Products, and Slack as your daily work platform
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with a generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and a sense of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you're a proactive, adaptable, and customer-focused professional with a passion for project management, we'd love to hear from you. Join our team and help shape the future of data management at data.world.
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.