Product Marketing Manager
As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making your products “fly-off the shelf.”
This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales . You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in ensuring our products’ success in the market.
You will develop a deep knowledge of our competitors: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also learn about our buyers and how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful. You will lead development of our sales enablement tools to streamline the selling process for our multipronged sales channel – direct, manufacturer representatives and partner teams – to reach building owners, engineers, and architects.
You will collaborate with our sales and marketing team and our partners’ marketing teams to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail is critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the product management team, you will regularly collaborate with marketing and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Understand and support our sales channels (direct, rep, and partner); develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Manage projects with partners’ marketing and application teams to ensure successful execution of GTM plans.
- Be the central point of voice of customer, field, and channel analysis.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Work with sales leadership to anticipate sales channel needs for new and innovative messaging and positioning.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Market intelligence— Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a product marketing budget and manage to it.
- 5-7 years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research).
- Comfortable using CRM and collaboration tools such as Bitrix and Teams.
- Must be a solid writer.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is —or isn’t—working
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project, Adobe Suite and Jira/Confluence.
- Boston-based preferred.
- Experience in the HVAC industry, CRE, Cleantech or related fields.
- Familiarity with our target personas – Building Owners / Property Managers, Sustainability Directors, Specifying Engineers and Architects, Manufacturer Reps, and HVAC contractors.
- Experienced public speaker, comfortable in front of senior groups.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) or equivalent training or experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending, life insurance, disability, additional voluntary supplemental life insurance
- Competitive pay and bonus eligibility
- Stock options via equity grants
- Unlimited vacation time plus 12 federal holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching program
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Ongoing professional development and cross-training
- Hybrid office model that includes Mondays and Fridays work from home
- Employee Referral Bonus Program