Digital Design Director
Greenlight Financial Technology
Atlanta, GA, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Greenlight is a fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 6 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance, and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
Our Brand Team is looking for a Digital Design Director to activate the Greenlight brand across our website and other digital experiences, using our site as a tool to acquire new customers and retain our existing users. This person will collaborate with Marketing and Product teams to set the vision and design strategy for Greenlight’s web experiences, as well as lead execution of website design. Areas of focus will include a design overhaul of our current website, ongoing website optimization, and brand design across a variety of digital marketing channels.
This role will report to our Creative Director.
Who you are:
- An experienced designer with proven ability to create websites and digital experiences that have made an impact on business metrics or customer growth.
- A technical expert in UX & UI design, able to ensure designs are optimized for responsive environments, usability, and digital design best practices.
- A student of contemporary web and experience design trends and technologies.
- Able to brainstorm, concept, sketch, and execute high-fidelity designs, delivering on a creative brief.
- Able to clearly communicate design concepts and intention, verbally and visually.
- Able to work independently and as a collaborator on the team.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.A self-starter with a positive attitude, who is able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Lead both strategy and execution to activate the brand across the Greenlight website and other branded digital experiences.
- Lead website design development process from start to finish: from ideation, user research, user flows, information architecture, visual design, to delivery and quality assurance.
- Leverage cutting-edge design, motion, and interactivity to create new digital experiences for Greenlight at the highest level of quality and precision.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, copywriters, and engineers to translate complex business challenges into best-in-class digital experiences.
- Develop a deep understanding of business objectives and customer needs, and how digital experiences can acquire and retain customers.
- Stay up-to-date with web trends and best practices, tools, accessibility standards, etc, and weave those into your digital design practice.
- Collaborate with our Product Design team on how the brand is expressed in the Greenlight app.
- Optimize the website through data-informed design and iteration through experiments, demonstrating a “test and learn” mentality.
- Mentor members of the Brand Design team to foster a positive team environment and grow the team’s skills.
What you should bring:
- A strong grasp on user experience best practices and principles, contemporary user interface design trends, and emerging technologies.
- A dynamic portfolio that shows application of methodical thinking and impeccable visual design to solve user problems, and demonstrates excellence in all aspects of design (typography, color, imagery, illustration, systems design, storytelling).
- An understanding of how front-end development impacts design.
- Experience managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating ideas clearly.
- A Bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training, and experience in Graphic Design or UX/UI Design
- 8+ years of relevant experience in the design industry
- Advanced skills in Figma.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite. Knowledge of AfterEffects, other motion tools, and prototyping tools are a big plus.
Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
See more open positions at Greenlight Financial Technology
Something looks off?