VP, People Experience, Insights and Well-Being
At Guild, we believe talent is everywhere and that opportunity should be too. We continue to have our home and headquarters in Denver, but we have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in the United States. While some roles may require proximity to our Denver office, roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 30 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI and Washington D.C. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is seeking a visionary and strategic leader to fill the role of VP of People Experience and Well-Being. The Denver-based VP of People Experience and Well-Being will be responsible for creating a compelling and engaging work environment that promotes employee well-being, engagement, data-driven insights and experience innovation. This role requires a strong blend of People expertise, desire to innovate, leadership experience, agility, and creativity to shape a culture that attracts, retains, curates and motivates top talent.
At Guild, we’re striving to be an iconic social impact company exemplifying what it means to drive shared success across stakeholders. This role will directly serve this objective by building a holistic strategy focused on elevating our purpose-inspired, iconic employee experience even closer to an inspiring model of a compelling, regenerative, workplace where employees feel they belong. You will lead the continued evolution of employee health and well-being by providing world class, regenerative offerings and tools, as well as leading our award-winning onsite childcare center, The Beehive. You will also drive innovation in the way our employees experience work by creating a strategic approach to intaking and piloting new innovative work experiences in our Work Lab program. Finally, you will intentionally curate systems and processes to define, track and measure the employee lifecycle experience end-to-end, in addition to owning data insights, action planning and measurement of the impact of experience engagement programs.
This is a senior level position that will sit on the People Leadership Team (PLT) and report directly to Guild’s Chief People and Purpose Officer, Dean Carter. You will lead a team of approximately 35 people across health and well-being, The Beehive, innovation and insights, workplace experience and engagement enablement.
As VP of People Experience & Well-Being, you will lead:
- People Experience Strategy: Craft and implement a comprehensive employee experience strategy aligned with the company's values and business objectives. Design programs and initiatives that enhance employee engagement, well-being, energy levels and overall satisfaction in service to our members and learners.
- Health & Well-Being: Champion initiatives that promote employee well-being, mental health, and regenerative energy and work-life balance. Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to provide resources and support for employees' physical and emotional wellness.
- Family Services: Build a nation-wide family services and support strategy. Includes leading the Denver onsite early childcare center, The Beehive. This includes cultural leadership and strategy and longer-term visioning and strategy.
- WorkLab, Solutions and Insights: Own visioning & implementation of our Work Lab incubator program: Build an intake, design, resourcing and execution strategy for new experience innovations that push the boundaries on the future of work, through which we can test and learn within the People team to eventually export or scale and adopt across the business long-term.
- Employee Sentiment: Cultivate and grow an employee sentiment strategy. Includes a roadmap for an increasingly robust employee listening strategy, inclusive of regular employee pulse surveys, passive experience measurement, insights generation and action planning, and cross-team strategic partnerships to drive manager enablement and activation.
- Insights and Reporting: Leverage data analytics to assess the effectiveness of employee experience initiatives and make data-driven improvements to programs and processes. Regularly report on key metrics across the employee lifecycle to executive leadership to demonstrate the impact of employee experience efforts.
- Community and Connection: Lead the strategy and teams responsible for our remote communities and physical workplace experience in our Denver-based office.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with various departments, including Finance, Brand Marketing, Analytics and Data Science, and Business Operations, to ensure alignment of employee experience initiatives with broader business strategies.
- Self Development: Actively learns through demonstrating curiosity and awareness of bias when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning opportunities, treating every moment as an opportunity for learning and articulating a genuine commitment to diversity.
- Self Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback, cultural humility, and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and growth areas.
- Balances Stakeholders: Anticipates and balances the needs of Guild’s multiple constituents, with a focus on gaining knowledge about all of Guild’s stakeholders- regardless of your role in the organization.
- Collaborates: Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others across the organization to meet shared objectives and to create equitable opportunities.
- Communicates Effectively: Builds a range of communications styles to meet the needs of Guild’s different stakeholders. Communication starts with curiosity and bringing messages with candor (clear is kind!). Finds the right balance to take space & make space in conversations across the organization.
- Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates agility by adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the demands of different situations. Welcomes the change of an innovative high-growth organization with resilience and a long-term orientation empowering others and embracing diverse thinking.
- Ensures Accountability: Hold yourself accountable first and foremost, being accountable to others, making clear agreements with teammates, and holding others accountable to meet deadlines, goals and commitments.
- Talent Stewardship: Manages people as Guild’s most valuable assets. Creates an environment in which Guilders can thrive and grow, and ensures that Guild is able to attract and retain top talent.
- Instills Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through valuing differences, honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Values Differences: Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company.
Required Experience and Skills
- Leadership: 5+ years experience leading, inspiring, selecting, and developing a strong team that exemplifies the ideal employee experience.
- HR acumen: 10+ years in an HR/People setting, with significant experience spent in Employee Experience, People Analytics Benefits Administration, People (HR) Operations (including systems/ HRIS), DEIB practices and principles, and Workplace Operations including responsibility for strategy development and owning end-to-end process/program development and execution.
- Project Management: 3+ years successful experience managing complex projects and cross-functional teams.
- Stakeholder Influence: Ability to inspire followership and quickly build trusting partnerships. Leads through influence and can encourage a wide variety of partners across the organization; Builds trust with stakeholders to influence across levels and cross-functional teams, including with senior level leaders.
- Systems orientation & management: Proficiency in HR systems and tools, including end-to-end systems implementation impacting multiple cross-functional teams and driving enterprise impact. Prior HRIS implementation experience a bonus.
- Data Analytics and Literacy: Fluency in analyzing and utilizing data insights to inform data-driven strategic planning and action. Able to analyze complex sets of data and reports to see patterns and opportunities for improvement, enhancement or duplication.
- Project Management: Ability to oversee and track all elements of a project, including the team members and their work.
- Preferred, but not required: Experience/interest in early childhood education and leadership in education.
Year One Key Deliverables:
These are some of the things you will have accomplished by the end of your first year:
- Build and execute a comprehensive employee experience strategy focused on elevating our purpose-inspired experience even closer to an inspiring model of a compelling, regenerative, workplace where employees feel they belong.
- Build a cohesive and highly inspired team to deliver an integrated approach to end-to-end employee experience for Guilders that ultimately impacts our mission to do well by doing good - a model for employee experience.
- Define and implement a refreshed work lab program that has a clear intake, design and organizational and implementation process to drive innovation on the future of work and the employee experience for Guild.
- Build and execute a “How We Gather” strategy around off-sites, current office and long term workspace.
- Build and execute an Employee Health and Well-Being strategy that drives better experience across the entire life of our employees.
- Continue to build and expand our approach to data analytics, insights evaluation and action planning across Guild team health and the employee lifecycle and engagement measurements available.
- Drive Leadership and Manager Accountability: Deliver a dashboard of reports and insights on employee experience for each leader and highlight leaders who are delivering and provide consulting and accountability for those that need improvement.
- Fully own management of The Beehive early childcare center, our onsite benefit for Guild employees, and identify a clear strategic three to five year roadmap for the future of the center and company-wide Family services.
- Make a measurable and significant impact on the Guild iconic employee experience in pursuit of our company goal to be an iconic social impact company exemplifying what it means to drive shared success across stakeholders.
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $220,000-$257,500, eligibility for variable compensation, as well as company stock options. We are committed to providing opportunities that align with our larger company strategy of Career Mobility. We believe that skills are transferable and value candidates that have a passion for our mission and a learner’s mindset. If you don’t have 100% of the qualifications but can see yourself doing a great job, we invite you to apply.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth