Senior Data Scientist
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their client flow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $8 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our dynamic team in our Tel Aviv HQ. The Ideal candidate will employ their robust understanding of machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), and data science to devise innovative solutions that drive tangible business impact for small businesses.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Harness advanced algorithms and AI models to address real-world problems, discovering new applications in natural language understanding, generative AI, ,forecasting , classification, and recommendation systems.
- Deliver data-driven solutions that drive business results. You'll be responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation process - from understanding the business context and data, to model building and integration into our core technology offerings and business.
- Being a part of a team of highly professional data scientists and data engineers, you'll enrich and learn from this collaborative environment while independently spearheading data-driven initiatives across the company.
Here is what is needed:
- 4+ years of experience in a data scientist roles
- Proficiency in Scientific Python
- Innovative problem-solving mindset
- Experience in applying machine learning models to real-world problems
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with various stakeholders, understand their requirements, and translate these into data-driven solutions
- A wide understanding of business objectives is essential, with the ability to distill and communicate complex data-driven insights into clear, actionable recommendations
- Self-starter, capable of managing your own workload with the additional responsibility of collaborating and communicating progress and results to stakeholders at all stages of development
- Solid understanding of data science fundamental topics including sampling, frequency, manipulation, and cleaning
- Solid understanding of MLOps practices, encompassing the lifecycle of machine learning models from development to deployment and monitoring from an engineering standpoint
- A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in NLP
- Previous work in a Cloud-based environment
- Experience with generative AI models
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.