Support Specialist, Tier 3
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their client flow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $8 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
What do our Support Specialists get to do?
Our Support Specialists are responsible for providing world class concierge-level customer support rendering support a key differentiator. The Support Specialist team (T3) is responsible for empowering T1 and T2 agents to successfully resolve member inquiries, and being members’ advocate internally by partnering with cross-functional teams on high impact initiatives to elevate member experience.
What's a day in the life of a Support Specialist?
You'll be responsible for handling escalations by either guiding T1 and T2 teams or following up with members via chat, email or phone call. You’ll be a HoneyBook product expert. You will own a specific function of Support and manage projects and/or programs to ensure our team is evolving to meet our business’ and members’ expectations. You will partner with Product, Engineering, Customer Success and other teams on high-impact company initiatives to elevate member experience and achieve our goal of Support being a key differentiator.
We are hiring this position in Austin, Texas or in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our Support team works weekends, so weekend availability is a priority.
What experience and skills does the right person need to possess?
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in a customer support/customer service role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to break down complex concepts and articulate them effectively and in a friendly manner
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience in project/program management
- Patience, resilience, customer intuition, and grace under pressure
- Experience successfully resolving high-touch escalations
- Product-centered curiosity. We want a teammate that is determined to constantly improve HoneyBook and loves working with the Product and Engineering team
- Growth and experimental mindset - our team and our product are evolving rapidly, requiring us to develop new skills and take on new responsibilities
- Experience using Intercom
- Experience working with BPOs
- Experience in FinTech
The Good Stuff
- Mission driven. You'll be joining more than just another startup--our members are at the heart of everything we do; in fact, we invite them to co-work in our office and collaborate with us on the product itself.
- Impact. We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity to all employees. The salary range for this role is $60,000-85,000.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to flexible paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Provisions: We give you the tools you need to get your job done and your choice of a Macbook or PC. When you're in the office, we provide a fully stocked kitchen and bar, happy hours, catered meals, and awesome company events.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $72M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.