Senior Fraud Specialist
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their client flow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $9 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
Our Fraud team provides behind the scenes, world class customer support, while performing all aspects of fraud monitoring and investigations. The team works diligently monitoring accounts and transactions to keep fraud and bad actors off the platform, ensuring all members have the most secure and confident experience using HoneyBook’s financial products. You will be a part of a small, growing team where your fraud intuition, feedback, and customer advocacy will be used to shape the team and make an impact at the company and for our members.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Minimize fraudulent transactions and vendors on the platform
- Identify and surface new and emerging fraud trends
- Own and project manage strategic initiatives affecting our team and the broader company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to impact change and influence decisions
- Perform vendor and payment reviews, as well as investigations
- Train new team members on fraud processes, and handle fraud escalations from the team
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Keen intuition and detective skills; you have an inquisitive, puzzle-solver mindset with passion for finding the truth
- Project management skills, and a sense of ownership of your domain
- Someone who's continuously looking for ways to improve processes and documentation, and you can easily context switch to look at the task at hand and the bigger picture
Here is what is needed:
- 1+ year(s) of specific fintech experience in fraud
- Experience working with returning customers and building strong relationships
- Proven track record identifying and screening for suspicious/ fraudulent transactions
- Critical thinking and data-based decision making skills
The good stuff:
- Mission driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit and market.
- The base salary offered for this role and level of experience will begin at $67,000 and up to $110,000. Full-time employees are also eligible for a meaningful equity package and benefits. The actual base salary offered may be higher, depending on your location, skills, qualifications, and experience.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.