Associate Content Marketing Manager
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their clientflow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized services to clients. By combining tools like billing, contracts, and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $10 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As Associate Content Marketing Manager, you will be a key stakeholder in our content marketing ecosystem which includes the HoneyBook blog, newsletter, and lead capture efforts. It will be your responsibility to develop content that brings value to our target audience of independent business owners, attracting both new visitors and endearing existing ones to the brand. You will work with both internal and external partners to develop engaging, long-form content to capture relevant search intent, build brand credibility, and drive visitors down the funnel to trial. In doing so, your work will help to broaden brand awareness, support independent business owners with educational content, and strengthen our acquisition muscle.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Write, edit, and optimize new and existing content for the HoneyBook blog to attract our target audience at the top of the funnel.
- Help strengthen blog SEO by incorporating best practices in new and optimized content.
- Identify and help fill topic gaps in our content calendar relevant to our target audience.
- Be responsible for content areas including thought leadership, partnerships, data storytelling, SEO optimization, and more.
- Ensure the blog site is providing an optimal experience for visitors by implementing fixes yourself, coordinating with our external developer partners, and suggesting opportunities to improve the user experience and conversion rates.
- Measure our content performance and use those insights to prioritize workload and inform strategic decision-making.
- Ensure our system for capturing new leads on the blog is running optimally.
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Creative storyteller: can turn any subject into a compelling piece of long-form content that captures the reader’s interest and inspires action.
- Takes initiative: can take an assignment and run with it, involving relevant stakeholders and owning the initiative from beginning to end, with some oversight from a manager.
- Editorially rigorous: pays close attention to detail, highly proficient in grammar and syntax, and strives to publish the highest quality content every time.
- Marketing-oriented: knows how to develop content for different stages of the funnel to attract visitors, inspire consideration, drive conversion, and build brand affinity.
- Data-driven: looking to better understand our content performance and find opportunities to improve.
- Industry-aware: stays on top of industry best practices, brings new ideas to the table, aware of how industry peers and competitors manage their content.
- Process-oriented: can help solidify content marketing processes and create new ones to improve team workflow.
Here is what is needed:
- 2-4 years of content writing experience; owning ideation, writing, editing, and publishing.
- Must have worked within a marketing team, preferably in B2B SaaS with demonstrated experience writing content for conversion.
- Must have some experience working successfully with internal and external partners as a content marketing stakeholder.
- Must be comfortable with SEO best practices; familiar with tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Google Search Console, and others to support independent SEO research and content development.
- Familiar with GA4 and comfortable analyzing content performance.
- Proficient with a digital content management platform, preferably WordPress.
- Familiarity with design tools like Canva or Figma is a plus.
- Familiarity with lead capture and nurture platforms like Digioh, Iterable, Hubspot, and others is a plus.
The good stuff:
- Mission driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on experience and market.
- $104k-$125k/yr (San Francisco Bay Area market)
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge—our primary customers today are independent business owners, who generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.