Automation Team Lead
Here is the gist:
HoneyBook is the leading clientflow management platform that makes it easy for independent business owners to sell and deliver their services online. Offering powerful tools for communication, contracts, invoicing, payments, and more, the platform puts independent professionals in control of their process and client experience. HoneyBook is trusted by over 100,000 service-based businesses in the United States and Canada that have booked more than $10 billion in business on the platform.
Our culture is built on five core values that inform everything we do. We encourage collaboration, feedback, ownership and have a growth mindset. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
As our Automation Team Lead, you'll play a vital role in leading our team and the development of our automation infrastructure and framework. By enabling our developers to work quickly and efficiently, you'll be at the cutting edge of maintaining our product quality and ensuring that any issues are intercepted before they reach our clients.
Our Current Mission
We are embarking on a critical mission to construct a robust automation infrastructure, a tool designed for our developers to seamlessly write e2e automated tests. This mission stands at the core of our strategic objectives, and your role will be integral in making it successful.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Lead and manage a team of 4-5 automation engineers.
- Recruitment, mentorship, and management of the team's day-to-day tasks.
- Actively participate in hands-on tasks such as writing tests, performing code reviews, and working on our CI/CD system.
- Design, build, and maintain a robust and scalable automation framework and infrastructure for both web and mobile applications, that can be utilized effectively by our developers.
- Ensure the automation infrastructure remains current, flexible, and designed to work within a continuous integration/deployment framework.
- Participate in setting and communicating automation best practices, strategies, and processes.
Our Technology Stack
- Web Automation: Playwright
- Mobile Automation: Appium, WebDriver.io
- CI/CD: Codefresh, Github actions
Interested? Here's what we're looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in automation frameworks (both web and mobile) - Must
- 3+ years of experience in developing scalable automation infrastructure - Must
- 2+ years of leadership experience in a technical role, such as a tech lead or managerial position - Must
- Strong hands-on skills - writing tests, code reviews, CI/CD tools - Must
- Experience with Playwright, Appium and Webdriver.io
- Strong object-oriented based programming, debugging/troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in CI/CD methodologies and tools like Codefresh, Jankins, GitHub Actions, or similar.
- Fluent in QA and agile methodologies.
- Solid grasp of the business and product, with the ability to align automation efforts accordingly.
- Best practices in planning and test writing.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong technical skills with expertise in automation best practices and software design patterns.
- Experience in SaaS web-based applications.
- Proficient in English in both reading and writing.
- Team player, strong communication skills, egoless, transparency and positive attitude.
- Ability to take ownership and make an impact.
- Knowledge of web development basics (HTML, CSS, etc). - advantage
- Experience in working with container solutions like (Docker, and Kubernetes) - advantage
- BSc in Computer Sciences or equivalent - advantage
The good stuff:
- Mission-driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup - our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
Our core values:
- People come first - As we explore opportunities and work through challenges.
- Raise the bar - We push for greatness - for ourselves and our members.
- Own it - Trust and ownership let us make decisions with confidence.
- We love what we do - And what we create for our members.
- Keep it real - Authenticity, respect and transparency are at our core.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Founded in 2013, HoneyBook is based in San Francisco and Tel Aviv, has raised $498M and is funded by Tiger Global Management, Norwest Venture Partners, Aleph, Hillsven Capital, OurCrowd, Durable Capital Partners LP, Vintage Investment Partners, Battery Ventures, Citi Ventures, Zeev Ventures and 01 Advisors.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.