Sr. Partnerships Manager
HoneyBook is the leading platform for independent business owners to manage their clientflow and cash flow, streamlining all of the steps needed to sell and deliver personalized contracted services. By combining tools like billing, contracts and client communication, HoneyBook helps business owners get organized so they can provide an exceptional experience at every step. HoneyBook is trusted by service providers across the U.S. and Canada who have booked more than $10 billion in business on its platform.
Our award-winning culture is built on core values that drive everything we do, including putting people first. We know experience comes in many different forms, some visible on your resume, others not. No one candidate will be a 100% perfect match to our description, so if you thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-charged environment and have similar experience to what we are looking for, we encourage you to apply.
We are looking for a mission-driven, collaborative, and highly-motivated individual to join HoneyBook to grow our Business Development function. You are a team player who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Reporting to the Head of Business Development and Strategy, you will have a broad range of responsibilities to drive our business growth through lead generation, strategic partnerships, and creative new endeavors. This is a hybrid role requiring in-office presence at either our San Francisco office 2-3 days a week.
Here are a few of the things you will do:
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships in our tech and vertical ecosystem to grow business
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company offerings to establish profitable business opportunities; you’ll build relationships with customers, suppliers, distributors, partners, and vendors as you design, test, and scale new programs
- Expand the recognition and reach of HoneyBook and our brand
- Identify tools and complimentary technology for specific HoneyBook verticals; you’ll build internal and external relationships that will increase lead generation and market share
- You’ll work closely with Product and Go to Market teams on integrations, and generally work cross-functionally across different teams and levels
Here is what we’re looking for in a candidate:
- You understand the pace and demands of a startup, and you’re skilled at prioritization, organization, and cross-functional communication
- You are comfortable working on multiple issues simultaneously and to set appropriate priorities with internal and external clients and deliver results efficiently
- You provide entrepreneurial, pragmatic, and business-oriented advice, with a dedication to superior customer service or stakeholder engagement
- You operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the job, you’re collaborative and open-minded
- You’ve done this before; possibly with another team, or in a different industry, but you know what you need to drive this function
- A few other skills you possess would be: strong leader, persuasive, analytical, strong business acumen
Here is what is needed:
- 7+ years of experience, ideally in a FinTech, SaaS or SMB-focused capacity, with at least 5 years of business development experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, finance, or related field; Master's degree is advantageous
- Proven business development, sales, or marketing experience
The good stuff:
- Mission driven: You'll be joining more than just another startup—our members are at the heart of everything we do.
- Impact: We move quickly and encourage every employee to push the envelope. Our best ideas come from out-of-the-box-thinking and innovation; be ready to fail fast and often!
- Compensation: We offer a competitive salary + meaningful equity based on merit.
- $145,000-180,000 for hybrid in San Francisco Bay Area, depending on experience.
- Benefits + Perks: From wellness programs to open paid time off and exceptional family leave policies, the health and happiness of our employees is foremost.
The opportunity at HoneyBook is huge – our primary customers today are creative businesses that generate in aggregate $150B in revenue per year in the US. Our company, like the members we serve, thrives on creativity and risk-taking; in seven years, we’ve become the biggest and the most widely recognized player in the creative entrepreneur space. To date, HoneyBook has raised $498M and is backed by investors such as Norwest Venture Partners, AngelList founder Naval Ravikant, Medium CEO Ev Williams, Bebo’s Michael Birch, and VCs such as Aleph, and Hillsven.
HoneyBook is committed to diversity, inclusion and belonging and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate discrimination and do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. We strive for the best candidate experience for all applicants and if you need special assistance, please let us know.
At the end of this application, you will find a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to respond, your responses will be used to help us identify areas of improvement in our recruitment process. We can only see aggregate responses and are unable to view individual responses. In fact, we aren’t even able to see if you’ve responded or not! Responding is your choice and it will not be used in any way in our hiring process.
When you apply for a job or an independent contractor/agent position with HoneyBook, we collect the information that you provide in connection with your application. This includes name, contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information that may be included in a resume or provided during interviews (which may be recorded). This may also include demographic or diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We may also conduct background checks and receive related information.
We use applicants’ information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process applications, including evaluating candidates and monitoring recruitment statistics. We use successful applicants’ information to administer the employment or independent contractor relationship. We may also use and disclose applicants’ information (a) to improve our Services, (b) as otherwise necessary to comply with relevant laws, (c) to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on HoneyBook, and (d) to protect and defend the rights or property of HoneyBook or others.