Sales Development Representative
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
We hope you’re ready to begin your sales career as a Sales Development Representative. You will be a leading member of our SDR team, and if building something from scratch is interesting, keep reading! SDRs are responsible for creating a sales pipeline. Meaning, you are the first team member helping prospects understand the value of our 401k offering, and introduce them to our experienced Account Executives who help them become customers. We promote within, and if you’re a top performer, you can be an AE one day too!
What you get to do every day
- Utilize your active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to communicate Human Interest’s offering effectively. We empower small and medium-sized businesses to help their employees save for their future. We take pride in this, and you should too.
- Identify a substantial volume of our target companies and associated personas - engage, educate, and create Sales Qualified Appointments for Account Executives that progress into Sales Qualified Opportunities
- Consistently exceed your quota
- Work closely with Management to develop strategies to target prospects and secure meetings
- Adapt and learn to ensure your rate of connecting with prospects and setting a Sales Qualified Meeting with the Account Executive consistently increases
- Effectively uses Salesforce.com and other sales tools to manage accounts through every step of the sales cycle
- Keep positive even during the days when it feels like no one is answering the phone or is just hanging up (positivity is contagious and helps the entire team!).
- Listen and learn from every other role and department - you will have visibility into the inner workings of everything.
What you bring to the role
Need to have:
- Documented success in consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Desire to grow and advance your career in sales
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other Client Relationship Management (CRM)
- Prior sales and/or SaaS experience
- Excellent in-person, phone, and written communication skills
- You're creative, resourceful, thoughtful, and passionate
- Highly motivated, curious, humble, and willing to take intelligent risks
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills
Nice to have:
- 1+ year of experience in a corporate environment
- Previous 401K, Payroll or HCM experience
Where you will work
- Our new office in Lindon, Utah
- Hybrid, in office 3 days per week
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $25.00/hour in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $21.63/hour in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. This position will also offer a variable target of $30,000. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures