Business Lead, Fast Track
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
About the role
At Human Interest, we’re building transformational new customer experiences to greatly expand access to low-cost, high-quality retirement plans. This requires deep cross-functional alignment, collaboration, and shared goals. The Business Lead role holds direct revenue responsibility for these emerging product offerings and serves as the leader that drives our strategy forward across teams, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Partnerships, Sales, Onboarding, Revenue Operations, and Finance.
We’re searching for a Business Lead to accelerate the incredible success we’ve seen with Fast Track 401(k), a radically simplified way to start a new retirement plan. As part of the Growth team (which spans product and business ownership for emerging products), the Fast Track Business Lead will own the outcomes and day-to-day execution required to reach underserved small business owners and generate multiple millions of dollars in new revenue per year. Fast Track will play a pivotal role in accelerating our mission by making it faster, easier, and cheaper for small businesses to launch a retirement plan for the first time.
What you get to do every day
- Create and deliver a financial plan that spans revenue and profit targets, partnering closely with Finance to model costs (sales, marketing, engineering) and new revenue
- Evolve our go-to-market motions with our Partnership, Sales, and Marketing teams to increase Fast Track volume and conversion
- Work with our Product Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to expand use cases for Fast Track and keep it competitive in the market
- Partner across the Growth team to optimize the conversion rates and user experience of Fast Track using common product-led-growth (PLG) tactics
- Keep leadership and stakeholders in the know through monthly updates and metrics review
- Coordinate the day-to-day work streams with all cross-functional teams
What you bring to the role
- 8+ years of experience within the SaaS and fintech industry owning product line revenue and outcomes.
- Proven track record of owning & executing large cross-functional initiatives, projects, or products and delivering results, preferably in companies with digital sales motion
- Background in general management, product marketing, product management, management consulting, or strategy preferred
- Full stack “operator” - ability to both create and execute the business strategy; with clear objectives, but limited, ambiguous, or varied direction
- Ability to operate cross-functionally, leading and influencing teams over whom you have no direct authority, ultimately leading to timely tactical decision-making to advance our objectives
- Financial modeling and data analysis skills with the ability to leverage analytics to drive sound decision-making
- A master's degree in business administration (MBA) or a related field is highly desirable, providing a strong foundation in business strategy, finance, and leadership
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $196,100 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $322,650 in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures