Head of Product Marketing
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
About the role
Human Interest is looking for a strategic product marketing leader to act as a force multiplier on our go-to-market efforts, helping us innovate and position Human Interest as the unquestioned leader in the SMB retirement plan market.
Reporting to the VP of Growth, the Head of Product Marketing will work closely with the executive team to shape our market positioning and take our product offering to the next level. You will be responsible for building and scaling an organization of product marketers, evolving our segmentation, messaging, and positioning, and bringing data-driven insights that unlock new product offerings and create strategic leverage for the entire company. This role sits within the broader Experiences organization and will work closely with the Brand & Content, Growth Marketing, Product Management, Product Design, and Customer Success teams to create a holistic, integrated customer experience that becomes a key point of differentiation for Human Interest.
What you get to do every day
- Hire, lead, mentor, and grow a high-performing team of product marketers
- Develop and continually evolve key frameworks for defining our market, offering, and value, including our segmentation, personas, messaging and positioning
- Inspire action across the company through the systematic development of data-driven insights, including customer research, market analysis, win/loss programs, and competitive benchmarking
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Design, and Revenue to identify product needs, gaps and opportunities. Work across these teams to drive leadership alignment and prioritization where needed.
- Create new industry-changing product promises and evolve our current ones like No Transaction Fees, (k)ickstart 3% cashback, (k)ickstart classroom
What you bring to the role
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with proven success growing strategic SMB market segments
- Tireless customer advocacy and a passion for leading cross-functional research initiatives
- An inspirational writing, speaking, and coaching style
- Prior experience growing and scaling a high-performing team
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Impeccable project management skills and experience leading across functions to achieve common goals
- Experience marketing to both businesses and consumers is a plus
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $171,773 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $282,713 in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures