Client Account Manager
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We’re a high-growth tech company changing the retirement industry. We’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors. Most recently, by funding from BlackRock as well as many other top investors: TPG (The Rise Fund) with SoftBank led our Series D, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
As a Client Account Manager you will play a critical role in consistently meeting customer expectations. You’ll work closely with key internal stakeholders to help ensure that questions and issues are resolved in a timely manner and plans are designed to meet customer goals. You will drive excellent customer satisfaction by cultivating strong relationships, identifying opportunities for growth, and understanding your clients' needs.
What you get to do every day
- Manage client accounts assigned to you by acting as the primary point of contact and consultant for our plans sponsors on the development of strategies and solutions for their retirement plans.
- Understanding customer expectations in order to help manage their plan and reduce the administrative burden.
- Independently anticipate, recognize, and research sophisticated and financially significant retirement plan matters.
- Promote customer satisfaction through effective and timely service delivery, including fielding client questions on unique issues and providing prompt and detailed responses.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the plan sponsor and their plan, the administration of the plan, the client's sensitivities, needs, and objectives.
- Respond independently and with appropriate team members to client needs related to core aspects of retirement plan and financial management, including retirement plan amendments, compliance with IRS and DOL regulations, plan design, Form 5500 filings, compliance testing, and payroll integrations.
- Assist with compliance testing.
- Provide plan onboarding and other management services by reviewing, investigating, analyzing and recommending resolutions to complex service inquiries including payroll integrations, plan contributions, distributions, and corrections.
- Act as a liaison between plan sponsors and various internal groups.
- Responsible for client communication through incoming lines (phone, email, and chat).
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
What you bring to the role
- 3-5 years of experience in customer facing role in a similar industry, retirement service experience preferred but not required
- Have a passion for solving problems and helping people
- Strong ability to troubleshoot with a meticulous eye for detail
- Communicate with confidence, professionalism and empathy
- Remain composed in high-stress situations and convey empathy for our customers and their situation
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to proactively service customers and resolve any issues
- A “change is good” mindset allowing you to quickly adapt within a fast-growing startup environment
- Bonus Points: Experience with FT William and/or ASC software systems
Where you will work
- Our new office in Lindon, Utah (click to learn more!)
- Hybrid, in office 3 days per week
Priority consideration deadline is February 20, 2024.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - At Human Interest, there are a number of factors that are used to determine the appropriate pay range for each position. We take into account the cost of labor for each position in various markets across the US. The base salary for this position spans from a minimum of $55,000 in our lowest geographic region to a maximum of $60,000 in our highest geographic region. The salary that we offer to a new employee within this range is based on their location within the US, their relevant job-related skills, and experience. At Human Interest, base salary is one component of the overall Total Rewards package. Depending on the position, additional compensation components such as bonus, commission, and equity may be offered. All of our employees are offered a robust suite of physical, financial and mental wellness benefits.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Health Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; quarterly lifestyle stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
We’re a great place to work (but don’t take our word for it)
Here’s a list of our awards and accolades:
- Certified as a Great Place To Work® (2023)
- Best Places to Work by Built In (2023)
- A Top Company by Y Combinator (2020-2023)
- America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes (2020-2022)
- Inc. Fastest Growing Companies (2021)
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures