Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
We are looking for a cloud-focused security engineer who is excited for the challenge in securing cloud infrastructure deployments. As a member of a growing team in a fast-moving startup, this individual will have the opportunity to drive key cornerstones of our cloud security. If you love to code, have unique ideas in solving security issues, and are motivated by the challenge of securing a product relied on by some of the world’s largest companies, this role is for you. This position is remote, and we will consider candidates from all Eastern time zone locations for this role
- Identify vulnerabilities and risks associated to cloud deployments and CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to recommend best security practices and help identify gaps in cloud deployments
- Perform security reviews on pre-production and production infrastructure
- Design and implement controls to detect and respond to attacks on our platform
- Leverage tools and IaC (Infrastructure-as-code) to standardize security across different environments
- Strong experience with Python and Bash scripting
- Strong understanding of containerization technology such as Docker and Kubernetes, and the ability to deploy hardened configurations using orchestration tools
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code technologies, such as Terraform
- Hands-on experience deploying and using multiple AWS cloud security products, such as Security Hub, GuardDuty, Inspector and WAF
- Hands-on experience deploying open source security tools to monitor the cloud infrastructure
- Experience using configuration management tools, such as Ansible
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Gitlab and CircleCI
- Demonstrate the ability to manually exploit security flaws on cloud deployments
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Being Eligible to acquire US Security Clearance
The target base compensation range for this role: $154,000 - $215,000. Actual compensation will be dependent upon the individuals skills, experience, qualifications, geographical location, and our business needs and objectives. Our overall compensation packages include base salary, equity and the benefits and perks listed below. Our Talent Acquisition team will speak more about our Total Rewards philosophy and approach during the hiring process.
- Top-notch healthcare for you and your family
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Flexible PTO with the approval of your manager
- 12 weeks of parental leave and an additional 4 weeks for birthing parents
- Stock options
- Wellness reimbursements for qualified expenses
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
See more open positions at Hyperscience
Something looks off?