Legal Operations Manager
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
Hyperscience is looking for a Legal Operations Associate to join our Legal team. The Legal Operations Associate will be involved in delivering legal services to the company. You will work closely with Hyperscience’s Head of Legal, and also work collaboratively with members of the sales, operations, marketing, partnership, and finance teams.
- Manage the contract drafting, negotiation, and storage process as systems administrator of the Company’s contract management system (Ironclad)
- Track and manage task assignments, deadlines, and optimize bandwidth for team of 4 attorneys as systems administrator of the Legal department’s internal workflow tool (Asana)
- Manage storage and tracking of legal records, and ensure that an accurate database of all legal documentation across Hyperscience is updated and maintained in cloud-based repository
- Maintain and provide content for the legal department’s internal learning database and onboarding materials.
- Track and manage monthly and quarterly team performance metrics
- Proofread and edit legal documents; prepare initial drafts of legal documents and correspondence, including legal letter and notices
- Assist the Legal team with review and management of contract template library
- Manage corporate and regulatory filings
- Assist with preparation of files in response to due diligence requests in connection with corporate financing transactions
- Assist with preparation of legal learning materials and presentations to internal stakeholders
- Draft responses to RFPs for sales team
- Perform regulatory due diligence on potential sales partners and customers, and manage related compliance tasks
- Facilitate implementation and rollout of new software applications and updates to existing software applications for legal department
- Act as a liaison between the Legal Department and various internal departments as well as with third party vendor
- Perform other assignments, strategic projects, or duties as assigned by our VP of Legal, including tracking of external legal budget
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- High proficiency with G-Suite required, Microsoft Word, Adobe Pro, Ironclad, and DocuSign required
- Familiarity with additional contract management and legal tech tools highly desirable
- A self-starter, team player, and quick learner
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior law firm, SaaS, or startup experience a big plus
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe Pro a must
The target base compensation range for this role: $113,000 - $137,000. Actual compensation will be dependent upon the individual's skills, experience, qualifications, geographical location, and our business needs and objectives. Our overall compensation packages include base salary, equity and the benefits and perks listed below. Our Talent Acquisition team will speak more about our Total Rewards philosophy and approach during the hiring process.
- Top-notch healthcare for you and your family
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Flexible PTO with the approval of your manager
- 12 weeks of parental leave and an additional 4 weeks for birthing parents
- Stock options
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.