Senior Front-End / Full-Stack Software Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
Our product lets our customers harness Machine Learning to automate and drive their unique business processes. An example application of Hyperscience would be in an insurance company that receives thousands of different handwritten insurance claims daily and needs to process them in a timely automated manner.
The platform, Flows
At the core of our product sits the Hyperscience platform - a tier that allows both non-technical business users and technical partners to define the complex automation workflows (called “flows”) that back the business process and are tailored to the unique customer needs. Our platform then runs and orchestrates these flows in a distributed, horizontally scalable way. The challenges we solve touch on distributed computing, workflow engines, system integrations, building software SDKs, building web applications to visualize and edit these flows, as well as building UI and generative AI-based logic to generate such flows.
The technology stack
Fore-front ML research and smooth UX are both essential to everything we do and even more so is the holistic experience they can bring together. The technology stack is built on Python and Django on top of a relational DB on the backend, Typescript and React on the frontend, and PyTorch for training and running ML models.
How teams work
Our engineers work in cross-functional teams. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design and other engineers to define and build product features. You will contribute across the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment, and operations. While your work may be focused on a particular aspect (the UI for this position), you will still always be expected to think about the big picture and the holistic experience.
You will do so in an environment where teams own their own domains and drive their roadmaps bottom-up. We believe in bottom-up autonomy with top-down alignment. We look for people who want to contribute their ideas to help us continue getting better.
We also look for people who have a strong sense of teamwork and want to collaborate effectively and support each other.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End or Full-Stack Engineer (with a focus on the front-end) to join the Platform Engine team in Hyperscience and help us take our Flows-related UX to the next level.
This is an exciting time for Hyperscience’s product, business, and people! You will have the opportunity to influence and deliver on a bold vision for transforming the way organizations model and execute their business processes, and there will be many opportunities for growth along the way.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, and other engineers, including Back-end, Machine Learning, DevOps, and QA engineers.
- Partner with the Product and Design teams to solve functional problems even when the initial answer is not fully defined.
- Creatively solve technical challenges in the face of competing tradeoffs.
- Leverage your knowledge to design, build, and deliver scalable and resilient UI features.
- Ensure product quality and code quality by writing automated tests and performing thorough code reviews and design reviews.
- Truly own the features you lead - from making sure we are building the right thing, to making sure a feature truly adds customer value after it is done.
- Mentor engineers who are less experienced than you. Be ready to help.
- Be open to learning - Hyperscience employs very experienced engineers, you will have plenty of learning opportunities and will be fully supported to learn and grow.
- You will get acquainted and eventually be fully comfortable navigating the full codebase, the technology stack, the development processes and org structure within the company.
- You will learn the product and will make your first significant, user-impacting contributions.
- You will be an integral part of the team and a driven, focused self-starter who can navigate a certain amount of ambiguity, and who is not afraid to take a sizable chunk of functionality, analyze it, break it down, implement it and then assume ownership and responsibility over it.
- You will be taking an active role in discussions about possible solutions, different approaches, API and UI designs, and more.
Within your first 30 days
Within your first quarter and beyond
Qualifications / experience required
- Strong common sense, logical thinking, and a solid computer science basis are all necessary when working on this product.
- Strong command of English and good communication skills are essential - we have almost daily discussions with our colleagues in the USA and the UK.
- Experience with Typescript is required.
- Excellent command of CSS; we like PostCSS.
- Willingness to work (or learn to work) across the full-stack is not a requirement but will be encouraged and supported here. We like it when engineers can deliver a feature end-to-end across the full technology stack. Previous experience with some of the Back-end technologies we use - Python, Django, relational databases - is also a plus, but not a requirement.
Benefits & Perks
- You’ll work with some of the best machine learning, software, and test engineers in one of the most innovative tech companies in Sofia
- Work from home flexibility
- Up to 4 months of fully paid parental leave used within 3 years of your child’s birth
- 20 days of paid leave minimum annually with an additional unlimited amount to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A great office, with an excellent location
- A sports card, covering various options for sport
- Additional health insurance package, including extensive medical, dental & vision care
- Truly competitive salary
- Stock options
- Referral bonus
All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
PLEASE BE AWARE of, and cautious about, potential recruitment fraud. All of our open jobs can be found directly on our careers page at:
We will never communicate with candidates except via our @hyperscience.com email domain. Any communication you receive outside of these parameters is potentially fraudulent.
Additionally, we never conduct interviews solely via online tests, nor do we make job offers without multiple cross functional live interviews via Zoom, phone or onsite. We only ask for personal information via our application process on our careers page or through a verifiable background check company during onboarding.