Senior Engineering Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Hyperscience is transforming the future of work to elevate human potential. Our human-centered approach to automation enables a new era of human and machine collaboration that delivers dramatically improved organizational agility, without the legacy cost and burden of change management. By combining data, people, and processes into digital assembly lines, the Hyperscience Platform turns complex processes into simple, configurable workflows. Our industry-leading machine learning technology continuously learns and evolves, to involve humans only when needed. For more information, please visit www.hyperscience.com.
We are looking for a strong people manager with a passion for building an exemplary team environment while delivering business value to the customer to lead our Classification and Integrations team. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage a high-level technical background and strong people skills to streamline team processes and facilitate good architectural decisions.
This is a crucial role in the engineering department, with a significant contribution to the company's future. Classification is the first step in many automated processes, so you will be working on one of the core pieces in the Hyperautomation space. Additionally, your team will focus on ingestion and notification systems to integrate our product with upstream and downstream systems. While partnering with product and machine learning engineering teams, you will deliver a combination of automation solutions, connectors, and reusable abstractions for complex machine learning tasks to back offices worldwide.
We are looking for an engineering leader with a technical background, strong collaboration skills, and a positive attitude. You will be expected to get into the technical details of projects within your team while also understanding how to work cross-functionally to deliver the maximum value to our end users.
- Work with an embedded product manager and product designer to manage and guide a team of 5 software engineers and 2 QA engineers, helping to set priorities and tasks
- Optimize team processes, collaborate across pillar boundaries, and build a distinctive team culture
- Plan and manage multiple projects to ensure successful delivery
- Wrapping ML modules in reusable application components, which can be integrated in different configurations depending on the specific customer’s needs
- Leveraging your systems knowledge to deliver fast and scalable software, starting from the design of the system through development and extension
- Creatively solving problems even when the initial answer is unclear
- Actively participate in discussions and giving ideas/guidance
- 6+ years of experience in the software engineering space
- 3+ years of leadership experience as a people manager
- Extensive experience building data-driven products working with cross-functional teams.
- Well-developed software engineering fundamentals, preferably with a background in enterprise software
- Good communication skills and the ability to understand and synthesize requirements across multiple project domains.
- Works effectively with cross-functional teams to build a trusted partnership.
- Strong experience with one or more general-purpose languages (Java, C/C++, Python, etc)
- Top-notch healthcare for you and your family
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Flexible PTO with the approval of your manager
- 12 weeks of parental leave and an additional 4 weeks for birthing parents
- Stock options
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
PLEASE BE AWARE of, and cautious about, potential recruitment fraud. All of our open jobs can be found directly on our careers page at:
We will never communicate with candidates except via our @hyperscience.com email domain. Any communication you receive outside of these parameters is potentially fraudulent.
Additionally, we never conduct interviews solely via online tests, nor do we make job offers without multiple cross functional live interviews via Zoom, phone or onsite. We only ask for personal information via our application process on our careers page or through a verifiable background check company during onboarding.