Senior Software Engineer I, Off-Planet Systems
ICON is looking for a senior software engineer to join our Off-Planet team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing elements of our flight and ground support software systems. As part of a growing team, you will help inform architecture decisions and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. This role is open to remote work and will report to ICON’s Off-Planet Systems Principal Flight Software Engineer in the Strategic R&D Department out of our Austin, TX campus.
- Implementing flight and ground support software modules.
- Adhering to coding standards, practices, patterns, and frameworks according to the overall technical strategy.
- Participating in the peer review process to ensure a high level of code quality.
- Proactive communication and escalation of technical risks, issues, and other relevant information.
- Support system integration and testing efforts with software tools and bug fixes.
- Provide input into and lead continuous improvement efforts for our internal processes.
- Continued pursuit of new skills and understanding of new technologies that will aid in our mission.
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Robotics, Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- A minimum of 6 years experience working with C++ 17 or newer in a professional software development role.
- Substantial experience with Linux software development.
- Skilled with Bash and/or Python scripting.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Knowledge of middleware for communication and data management.
- Experience using Git version control and participating in a peer-review process.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with robotics libraries such as ROS2 and Gazebo.
- A general understanding of inverse kinematics, motion planning, simulation, and/or controls.
- Prior work and contributions to open-source software.
- Familiarity with C# and Unity development.
- Experience with time-series databases.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?