Senior Electrical Engineer I, MEP Systems
ICON is seeking an Senior Electrical Engineer I, MEP Systems to join our Architecture and Building Performance department as part of an MEP team delivering electrical distribution designs for light commercial and residential projects. The role will work closely with ICON’s Construction Architects and Project Architect of Record to deliver electrical distribution designs across multiple projects. The role will also provide support in researching and evaluating technologies and systems to create high performance, and sustainable 3D printed buildings.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will develop the processes, workflows, and designs to deliver leading electrical systems integrated with printed wall systems, enclosures, and buildings using ICON’s technology set. As an ICONIC, you will be an industry leader and direct contributor to the development of entirely novel approaches to high-performance buildings and you will have the opportunity to work with your team to advance humankind’s ability to provide dignified, affordable, resilient, and sustainable shelter to the world. This role will report to ICON's Director of Building Performance and Science in the Architecture and Building Performance department out of our Austin, TX campus.
- Deliver electrical distribution designs for light commercial and residential projects across the US.
- Coordinate with Construction Architects and MEP Project Manager to integrate MEP systems into ICON’s print projects.
- Complete electrical systems design, predominantly for building projects, including building and site power systems distribution drawings, electrical load calculations, and code required signal systems.
- Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls.
- Prepare and review drawings and specifications detailing the design.
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines.
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
- Present technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
- Delivery of Issue for Permit / Issue for Construction documentation for electrical distribution systems
- Support Pre-construction teams and Construction Project Managers to deliver electrical designs on budget and on schedule.
- 7+ years of Electrical engineering design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Architectural Engineering or related discipline
- Superior interpersonal skills with clients and staff.
- Revit MEP Experience.
- Experience working with load schedules in Revit.
- Strong communication skills.
- Professional Engineer License (Electrical, P.E.) and ability to become licensed in Texas within 3 - 4 months.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Integrated Project Delivery or Big Room Experience preferred.
- Experience working with Revit MEP plugins, “smart” schedules preferred.
- Experience with renewable power and distributed energy systems design is preferred.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?