Manager, Construction Operations
ICON is seeking a Manager for our newly-formed Construction Operations Team to lead the team that supervises and directs all phases of ICON’s construction projects. ICON’s Construction Managers are responsible for the full scope of field construction from mobilization to delivery of a finished project. As the Manager, Construction Operations, your job is to build and lead a team of Construction Managers, establish, document, and train to best practices, and supervise the project performance of ICON’s Construction Managers.
ICON is innovating the way homes and buildings are constructed. Forward thinking individuals will thrive in this role. Utilizing ICON’s proprietary technologies as well as traditional trades and the intersection of the two will be critical in successfully delivering projects in this capacity. Expertise in the field assembly of new residential structures is a crucial component of this role. You will have the opportunity to work alongside internal partners like the Architectural, Technology and Print Operations teams as well as external trade partners and customers. The trajectory of construction is changing and this dynamic role will supervise the delivery of that change. This role is based at ICON’s Austin, TX campus and will report to the VP of Construction.
- Develop and manager a team of Construction Managers to support ICON’s construction delivery goals.
- Establish, document and train to industry best practices while appropriately incorporating ICON’s proprietary technology and materials into the process.
- Manage the capacity of the Construction Manager Team and ensure sufficient staff is available to support upcoming projects.
- Lead your own construction projects successfully while developing the Construction Manager Team.
- Inspect workmanship and adherence to scopes of work through use of checklists and personal observation across all ICON construction projects.
- Utilize ICON’s proprietary project management software to execute all facets of your daily construction activities.
- Assist the Purchasing Team with grading and managing trade partner performance.
- Manage safety program training and execution for the Construction Manager Team.
- Ensure that all Construction Manager work is in compliance with project documents, permitting authority requirements, local and national building codes, and is in keeping with accepted industry standards.
- Maintain both electronic and on-site physical records for inspections.
- Initiate required changes in the scope of work, plans, and specifications for the projects you manage.
- Follow detailed operational processes around communication, scheduling, change management and project financial management.
- Approve all trade partner invoices with regard to work completeness and quality for your projects.
- Maintain a daily log of all activities on the job sites you manage.
- Coordinate with the Project Management team to ensure a strong partnership exists between Construction Managers and Project Managers.
- Advise, as needed, on plans and specifications.
- Report to the Director of Project Operations regarding all aspects of project and team performance.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 7+ years of experience managing construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing a team of builders, superintendents or construction managers.
- Demonstrated field management experience of trade partners.
- Demonstrated proficiency using project management software tools.
- Proven track record of delivering full scope construction projects.
- Ability to travel to projects around the State of Texas or in other locations in the United States.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Field-based commercial and residential construction experience.
- A high level of practical construction knowledge.
- The ability to interact well with others in person, verbally, and in writing.
- A keen eye for detail.
- The ability to take extreme ownership of the tasks you’re assigned.
- A self-starter’s attitude - you don’t need to be told what to do next.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?