Finance Associate II
ICON is seeking an Associate to join its growing Corporate Finance team. This candidate will work closely with our CFO and other senior leadership and will primarily be responsible for financial modeling, project underwriting, product finance, special project diligence and analysis, and supporting investor and board-level reporting. This is an opportunity for a high-performing finance professional to partner with some of the most talented and passionate leaders in their fields and support them from development of their financial plan through execution. The ideal candidate has a passion for financial analysis and can clearly communicate insights and recommendations to all levels of the organization. This role is based in ICON's Austin, TX office.
- Create and maintain company and project-level financial models.
- Perform historical financial analysis with a constant focus on improved forecasting.
- Support diligence and other special project activities related to R&D, business development, & construction opportunities.
- Evaluate commercial contract profitability and pro-forma impact on the company.
- Support investor and board communications including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Actively engage in quarterly board meeting process and creation of associated materials.
- Support fundraising and capital markets activities.
- Optimize treasury management activities.
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and/or corporate finance.
- Bachelors degree in finance or a related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated passion for financial modeling and the visual display of quantitative information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners.
- Ability and desire to communicate financial concepts and information to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.