Clinical R&D Specialist
Location: Central Region of the US
The Clinical R&D Specialist position provides a dynamic and challenging multi-disciplinary working opportunity.
We are looking for an excellent and enthusiastic person with strong analytical and interpersonal skills to join our Clinical R&D Neurosurgical team in the Americas.
What you will be doing:
- Initiate MRgFUS neurosurgical research and clinical programs in new centers
- Participate in treatments of clinical and experimental brain indications
- Contribute to the completion of research milestones at the regional, national and/or international level
- Demonstrate expertise and in-depth understanding in all aspects of the technology
- Train and guide a broad level of researchers and clinical personnel at new and existing centers
- Support techno clinical R&D activities and assist with defining specifications for new generations of existing products and new indications
- Work with scientific customers to characterize and execute in/ex vivo experiments
- Establish and lead collaboration with researchers to promote technology publications
- Lead data analysis projects to study technical/clinical/physics related phenomena
- Able to lecture in front of a large audience
- Create technical engineering documentation in the form of reports, presentations and operating procedures
- Domestic and international (Americas) travel at least 50% of the time. Periodically required to work weekends and nights and may be required to engage in overnight travel
What you have:
- PhD Scientific degree and 2+ years of biomedical/neuroscience/medical research experience
- Hands-on experience in one of the following specialty areas: MRI, Ultrasound, Operating Room, Neurosurgery
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, R or other comparable programming languages for scientific analysis
- Experience in guidance of medical personnel and with complex multi-disciplinary products
Successful candidate(s) will be required to comply with Insightec’s Vaccination Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Let us introduce ourselves
Insightec is a growing medical technology company transforming patient lives through innovative incisionless surgery. Based on two decades of clinical experience and research and development, the company’s Exablate® Neuro platform focuses sound waves, guided by MRI, to provide tremor relief to patients with Essential Tremor and Tremor-dominant Parkinson’s Disease.
Research for future applications in the neuroscience space is underway in partnership with leading academic and medical institutions.
We are a global team united by a common vision to transform healthcare by making focused ultrasound a standard of care for patients. Our culture is built on Our Values of integrity, team, quality, innovation and patient care. We challenge and empower our people to be great at what they do and leverage our different ideas, skills, interests and cultural backgrounds to succeed.
After a recent investment round, Insightec is valued at more than $1B, bringing it to unicorn status. We are over 350 strong in Haifa and K. Ono in Israel, Miami, Dallas, Shanghai and Tokyo.
Do the most meaningful work of your career by joining us in our mission to make the impossible possible.
Insightec is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a safe work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Insightec does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment including hiring.