The Staff Accountant is responsible for recording transactions in the ERP, processing cash receipts to customer accounts, processing accounts payable invoices and related payments, maintaining financial records and reports, and performing account reconciliations, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
What you will be doing:
- Process transactions and perform accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling subledgers by verifying posted accounting transactions;
- Ensure appropriate general ledger entries and accruals are processed timely and accurately;
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly, or annual sales and use tax returns;
- Receive, review, and process vendor invoices; monitor completion of Purchase Orders and request approvals as required;
- Utilizing our Concur travel expense platform, review and process employee travel expense reports for reimbursement;
- Ensure monthly financial close responsibilities are completed accurately and timely, including accruals;
- Identify process improvements in current workflow procedures while optimizing systems to drive efficiency and effectiveness;
- Complete ad hoc tasks and projects as needed or assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience;
- Experience: two (2) or more years of progressive experience as a Staff Accountant;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively;
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas;
- Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal oversight, and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to take ownership, meet deadlines, and execute on strategic decisions;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel as limited periodic domestic and/or international travel may be required;
- Strong work ethic with unquestionable integrity.
Successful candidate(s) will be required to comply with Insightec’s Vaccination Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Let us introduce ourselves
Insightec is a growing medical technology company transforming patient lives through innovative incisionless surgery. Based on two decades of clinical experience and research and development, the company’s Exablate® Neuro platform focuses sound waves, guided by MRI, to provide tremor relief to patients with Essential Tremor and Tremor-dominant Parkinson’s Disease.
Research for future applications in the neuroscience space is underway in partnership with leading academic and medical institutions.
We are a global team united by a common vision to transform healthcare by making focused ultrasound a standard of care for patients. Our culture is built on Our Values of integrity, team, quality, innovation and patient care. We challenge and empower our people to be great at what they do and leverage our different ideas, skills, interests and cultural backgrounds to succeed.
After a recent investment round, Insightec is valued at more than $1B, bringing it to unicorn status. We are over 350 strong in Haifa and K. Ono in Israel, Miami, Dallas, Shanghai and Tokyo.
Do the most meaningful work of your career by joining us in our mission to make the impossible possible.
Insightec is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a safe work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Insightec does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment including hiring.