Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager
The Technical Accounting / Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for developing, leading, and delivering results for a cross functional, centralized team to support the needs of the business while creating long-term value for the company through efficiency and best practices. This person should be experienced in ensuring transaction compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), accuracy of company financial records while meeting reporting deadlines, and leading accounting standard adoption while performing the accounting for complex business transactions. This person should also be experienced in leading projects and leveraging technology to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of accounting and operational processes. This position is a newly created pivotal role, conducting productive and professional communications with peers, managers, vendors, and customers, as well as implementing a best practice operating strategy, driving process improvements, and developing KPIs and dashboards.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage the team responsible for accounting, payroll, travel and expense reimbursement, procurement, fleet, and other relevant areas.
- Manage the creation, implementation, and upkeep of accounting policies under US GAAP, including new guidance and related internal controls.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for complex accounting areas, including but not limited to, revenue recognition, leases, stock-based compensation, long-lived asset impairment, investments and consolidation, fair value measurement, and other areas as needed.
- Lead and contribute to projects to implement process improvements and internal controls for financial reporting and technical accounting. Work cross-functionally to manage change and enhance communications with stakeholders.
- Drive operational excellence by optimizing processes, standardizing workflows, and implementing best practices across functions.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and service level agreements (SLAs) daily to measure the performance and effectiveness of team performance.
- Identify opportunities for process automation and the implementation of technologies to drive efficiency and enhance service delivery.
- Provide effective leadership and oversight to support staff in their current roles. Provide career development support and learning.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in place to provide reasonable assurance that company assets are protected.
- Hire, train, coach, and discipline new hires to ensure work is performed at a high standard of quality.
- Monitor department activity to ensure all inquiries are resolved appropriately and promptly.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Certification: Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required;
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required;
- Combination of industry experience and recent Big Four public accounting experience;
- At least five (5) years of accounting experience, at least three (3) years focused on technical accounting or financial reporting;
- Strong understanding and experience in practically applying US GAAP;
- Experience in monthly / quarterly / annual accounting close processes;
- Experience in process improvement and identification of technology solutions;
- Experience with SOX internal controls implementation or governance;
- Critical thinking mindset that supports effective financial system design and configuration of financial systems to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (verbal/writing) effectively;
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and across other functional areas;
- Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving skills;
- Ability to assess current state, identify and implement process enhancements, while also ensuring deliverables are completed timey, completely, and accurately;
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal oversight, and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to take ownership, meet deadlines, and execute on strategic decisions;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Strong MS Office skills, especially in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel as limited periodic domestic and/or international travel may be required;
- Strong work ethic with unquestionable integrity
Successful candidate(s) will be required to comply with Insightec’s Vaccination Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Let us introduce ourselves
Insightec is a growing medical technology company transforming patient lives through innovative incisionless surgery. Based on two decades of clinical experience and research and development, the company’s Exablate® Neuro platform focuses sound waves, guided by MRI, to provide tremor relief to patients with Essential Tremor and Tremor-dominant Parkinson’s Disease.
Research for future applications in the neuroscience space is underway in partnership with leading academic and medical institutions.
We are a global team united by a common vision to transform healthcare by making focused ultrasound a standard of care for patients. Our culture is built on Our Values of integrity, team, quality, innovation and patient care. We challenge and empower our people to be great at what they do and leverage our different ideas, skills, interests and cultural backgrounds to succeed.
After a recent investment round, Insightec is valued at more than $1B, bringing it to unicorn status. We are over 350 strong in Haifa and K. Ono in Israel, Miami, Dallas, Shanghai and Tokyo.
Do the most meaningful work of your career by joining us in our mission to make the impossible possible.
Insightec is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a safe work environment free from discrimination, where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Insightec does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment including hiring.