Technical Writer - India
Marketing & Communications, IT
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
We’re searching for a skilled writer who’s eager to explore innovative technology and launch our customers to rapid success with compelling documentation. Technical writers at JumpCloud develop a deep knowledge of the product and problems it solves by digging into the software and working with talented people across the organization. As a valuable member of our technical writing team, you will become the trusted face of our company by making sure documentation is accurate and available when needed.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional Agile teams to learn and master new software features and technology.
- Scope, author, and publish new customer documentation for JumpCloud’s Knowledge Base and update existing content.
- Use authoring tools and graphics software to create concise, task-based documentation.
- Create or improve UX text, such as field labels, on-screen instructions, and other messages.
- Set timelines and schedules to effectively manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Work with the rest of the technical writing team to ensure that our tools, guidelines, and standards are effective.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Extensive experience with authoring tools (especially Confluence) and graphics software. Strong analytical skills and technical aptitude.
- Attentive to detail and dedicated to delivering high-quality results.
- Ability to engage with remote team members, who might be located in other countries.
- Familiar with Agile processes and development tools, such as Jira.
- Thrive in a fast-paced growing environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree +
- 5 years minimum experience in technical writing and/or technical documentation for complex software systems.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product documentation or technical writing, preferably in a cloud-based or SaaS-based software company.
- Experience working with Active Directory, LDAP, RADIUS, SSO, Windows, macOS and Linux is a plus.
- Experience working with content management systems and online help tools is a plus.
- Writing samples are required. Your writing samples will not be used in any context outside of evaluation for this role. Kindly upload writing samples while applying for the role.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.