Quantitative Staff UX Researcher - Mexico
Mexico · Remote
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role
Your primary focus for this role which will be First Quant UXR at JumpCloud will be on conducting quantitative UX research that provides rich and actionable insights our teams need at every stage of the product development lifecycle. You’ll partner with a team of data analysts, data engineers, designers, Product Managers, and other cross-functional partners. You’ll work collaboratively to enhance our understanding of users and user behavior and to improve our product. You’ll execute a range of research, leveraging your expertise in survey, data analysis, analytics and experimentation to inform product direction.
You will investigate user behavior and user needs using empirical research methods using your quantitative expertise in areas such as logs analysis, survey research, path analysis, modeling, and regression analysis.
The primary focus for this role will be to:
- Drive Quantitative UX Research at JumpCloud, conducting quantitative UX research projects to deliver product insights.
- Collaborate and integrate quantitative insights with existing qualitative research to establish and communicate a deep understanding of our users.
- Define and measure quantitative UX goals and metrics in cross-functional collaboration with UX designers, Qualitative UX Researchers, Engineering, Product Managers and Data Analysts.
- Develop data collection and statistical analysis strategies, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Analyze large to very large data sets using analytic tools and techniques to derive meaningful insights, and uncover patterns and trends related to user behavior.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in quantitative UX research and apply them to support our business needs.
Key skills you’ll bring to JumpCloud include:
- Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Anthropology, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience in an applied research setting, or similar.
- Strong survey and quantitative skills, with a passion to understand the “why” behind user behavior
- Experienced in programming languages used for data manipulation and computational statistics (Python, R, MATLAB, C++, Java, Go), and with SQL.
- Product research experience in an applied research setting.
- Passionate about understanding user behaviors and using this knowledge to inform and advance business objectives
Valued (additional) experience
- PhD (or equivalent) in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field
- Excellent command of quantitative research methods and question formation within a given domain
- Strong technical skills for tools used for data manipulation, analysis and reporting
- Proficiency in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- Demonstrated expertise in descriptive, inferential, and multivariate statistics, including t-test, ANOVA, regression, and experimental design.
- Experience with survey design and response effects.
- Exceptional story-telling and narrative skills with proven track record for persuasively communicating research insights and influencing decision-making.
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.