Principal Data Engineer - Mexico
Mexico · Remote
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Principal level Data Engineer in JumpCloud’s Business Data Engineering team to provide technical leadership and strategic direction that supports JumpCloud’s growth strategy. A successful data engineer will exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy tackling complex data engineering problems, as well as shaping the future infrastructure of JumpCloud’s data engineering, performance reporting and data governance. Come be a part of an exciting new team where you will be able to work on challenging projects, rich data sets, and continue to develop valuable skills. This role involves frequent engagement with analytics partners and data/platform engineering to mature our data model and pipelines.
What we’re looking for:
- A keen sense for identifying business drivers, and ability to propose a strong vision for implementing data solutions
- Extensive hands-on experience with building scalable data solutions with complex fast moving data sets
- Expert level data architecture and data modeling skills
- Extensive experience with batch and streaming data pipelines and ELT/ETL processes
- Extensive Experience with Cloud Data Warehouses/Data Lakehouses (preferably Snowflake)
- Experience in building from the ground up a modern next generation data lakehouse platform.
- Strong experience with AWS data technologies and methodologies
- Proven track record of leading multiple large sized projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with other engineers, and both technical and non-technical data stakeholders
- Proven ability to quickly integrate new technologies and industry best practices into personal and team skill sets, and to apply these techniques efficiently
- Expert level SQL skills
- Strong proficiency with the Python programming tools and ecosystem, including Software Engineering techniques
What you will be doing:
- As part of the Business Data Enablement team, and as part of the Data Engineering team as a whole here at JumpCloud, you will play a pivotal role in the design and development of our critical data infrastructure and systems for multiple areas of the business, including Business Analysis, Product Development, Engineering, ML Operations, Finance, Sales and Executive Strategy
- Develop and implement a comprehensive data engineering vision and cloud data strategy, aligning it with JumpCloud’s business objectives while ensuring data quality, scalability, reliability and security.
- You will work with other senior level engineers with the goal to achieve top level proficiency in core data engineering skills and business functions
On a day-to-day basis, as a Principal Data Engineer, you may be asked to:
- Develop our long term vision for Data Warehousing, Data Lakehouse, and Data Pipelines
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate cloud technologies and services to support our data architecture, and take a hands-on approach to implementing these technologies
- Interface and collaborate with stakeholders to define needs and develop strategies for providing data
- Plan, build, and maintain data pipelines from internal and external data sources
- Implement data observability and monitoring in the pipeline and in the warehouse
- Work with appropriate teams to ensure Data Security and Data Compliance
- Mentor team engineers, and provide education for our engineering and other stakeholders
- Promote Cloud Infrastructure Optimization, collaborate with infrastructure teams to optimize the cloud environment for data storage, processing, and analytics.
- Provide guidance on the development of our data standards and data governance
- Guide Data Analysts to ensure clean delivery of data
- Collaborate with Product and Application architects to develop holistic data solutions
- Python3 Software Development, following strong software engineering principles
- Expert level SQL for Data Transformation and Analysis, with optimization and tuning in mind
- Snowflake Data Warehouses/Data Lakehouses (Or Equivalent)
- Experience integrating data from unstructured and semi structured data sources
- PostgreSQL, mySQL and MongoDB experience
- Event Buses, such as Apache Kafka, and it’s associated technologies and tooling
- Experience building highly observable data systems
- Experience with Cloud Data Storage techniques
- Proficiency with integrating data visualization and reporting tools, such as Tableau
- Familiarity with standard data storage formats, such as JSON/Avro/Protobuf/Parquet/Iceberg
- Can work effectively both independently and as part of the Data Engineering team as a whole
- Experience with Data Governance, including Data Contracts and Schema Management
- Experience with techniques for handling regulatory compliance issues across multiple countries
- Experience with Data Security standards including RBAC and sensitive data handling
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.