Software Platform Engineering Manager - India
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Delhi, India · Remote
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2023
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
As we continue to grow the JumpCloud internationally, we are hiring a Platform Engineering Manager. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the success and development of our engineering teams in addition to growing your own career. We are seeking a leader who is passionate about building great products and high performing teams.
You will be responsible for guiding the engineering teams reporting to you. You will have influence over our engineering practices in addition to platform strategy and execution. You’ll build out features, help drive architecture, define best practices and enable platform quality. We’re operating at startup scale and speed and as a manager, you will help guide the way.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineering management for 1-3 agile teams composed of Platform Engineers.
- Responsible for hiring, on-boarding and mentoring a diverse team of high potential team members.
- As an active member of the engineering leadership team, partnering with peers and other teams to build, lead, and inspire a world class engineering organization.
- Drive reuse of development work, platforming, and consistent technical and architectural direction across projects.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of team activities in your areas of expertise.
- Act as a technical mentor and coach to more junior engineers.
- Assist with Incident Management as needed.
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience managing or leading teams
- 5+ years management experience as a software engineer in any industry and in any tech stack
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience working in a distributed systems environment
- 3+ years software engineering management experience in any industry and in any tech stack
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills to help technically drive and oversee complex projects on multiple teams from conception to completion
- Ability to work with ambiguity and drive clarity while delivering incremental value
- Track record of developing engineers and building strong, high performing teams
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong technical foundation in software engineering design principles
- Experience leading geographically diverse engineering teams in today’s remote first work environment
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of India. You must be located in and authorized to work in India to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.