Jr. Accounts Receivable Associate - Mexico
Accounting & Finance
Mexico · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, January 3, 2024
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud® helps IT teams and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) Make Work Happen® by centralizing management of user identities and devices, enabling small and medium-sized enterprises to adopt Zero Trust security models. JumpCloud has been used by more than 200,000 organizations, including GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Beyond Finance, and Foursquare. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role:
The Jr. Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for assisting in the accounts receivable process and portfolio of accounts, ensuring accurate and timely invoicing, monitoring customer payments, and collaborating with internal teams to resolve any discrepancies. The role involves maintaining detailed records, preparing reports, and supporting senior accounts receivable professionals in various tasks.
- Payment Processing:
- Post and reconcile payments to appropriate accounts.
- Identify and resolve payment discrepancies and issues.
- Process refunds and reverse payment applications.
- Customer Communication:
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding invoices and payment issues.
- Collaborate with internal departments to resolve customer concerns via a case management system.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers to facilitate smooth payment transactions.
- Account Reconciliation:
- Reconcile accounts receivable records with general ledger entries.
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies between records.
- Verify invoices were generated in accordance with the contract terms and conditions
- Prepare and analyze accounts receivable reports for management as needed.
- Provide regular updates on the status of outstanding invoices and collections efforts.
- Assist in the collections process by contacting customers for overdue payments.
- Work with customers to establish payment plans and resolve outstanding issues.
- Manage inbound and outbound communication from consumers and their representatives via phone, email, and chat.
- Manage an accounts receivable portfolio
- Documentation and Record-Keeping:
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all accounts receivable outreaches.
- Ensure that all documentation is in compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Ad Hoc Tasks:
- Assist senior accounts receivable professionals and team members with various tasks and projects as needed.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency.
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience in collections, customer service, and/or sales
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and critical thinking
- Problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Customer-focused and adaptable to different personality types
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other relevant accounting software.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Availability to work a regular schedule of 8am - 5pm, with the availability to work extended hours during critical times such as month-end, quarter-end, and year-end periods
- Reliable internet connection
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 1+ years experience accounts receivable or a related financial role is preferred.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.