Senior Data Manager, Data Operation
Klook is the go-to travel and leisure e-commerce platform for experiences and services anytime, anywhere. Founded in Hong Kong in 2014 out of passion for discovery, our purpose today is to inspire and enable more moments of JOY. Even when the COVID-19 pandemic hit, we held on to our conviction and successfully unlocked the domestic travel business. To date, we are already offering over 490,000 activities in over 1,000 destinations. With cross-border travel resuming, we have made it our mission to reshape the world of travel. Isn’t this exciting?!
It certainly is for our international community of over 1,200 employees, based in over 20 locations globally! Joymakers at heart, Klookers are not only curating joyful experiences for others, but also co-creating our world of joy in the Klookiverse. We are on a journey to foster a strong company culture that supports a high-performing and successful business, and we are guided by our core beliefs - Push boundaries, Ask for and give feedback, Take ownership, and Help each other - in everything we do. We are excited about building and realizing endless possibilities in the new era of travel. Care to be a part of this revolution?
- Define data governance policies, data quality standards, and data management best practices that align with Klook's business objectives.
- Lead data-related projects from initiation to completion, ensuring they align with business objectives and are delivered on time and within budget.
- Oversee data quality initiatives to ensure that data is accurate, consistent, and reliable. Implement data quality tools and processes, and monitor data quality metrics to identify and address issues.
- Collaborate with business teams to ensure that they have access to high-quality data and the necessary tools to perform their analysis effectively.
- Work across department and business units to analyze business and operation performance, develop actionable insights and drive operation efficiency improvement efforts.
- Implement and maintain data security measures and processes, including encryption, authentication, and authorization protocols.
- Evaluate and manage data-related tools and technologies, such as data management software, and data analytics platforms.
- Maintain documentation for data assets, including data dictionaries, metadata, and data lineage, to enable transparency and data lineage tracking.
- Continuously assess and improve data management processes and practices to adapt to changing business needs and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field such as Business Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, or a related discipline. An MBA or equivalent is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data analytics and business intelligence in a fast-paced and complex business setting.
- Experience in programming or analytic tools such as SQL, Python, Jupyter Notebooks. Familiar with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Google Data Studio.
- Track record of successfully driving cross departmental projects, strong project management skills.
- Deep understanding of data management and operation practices, data governance, and data quality.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks.
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Mandarin.
- Globally-minded and comfortable working with people from different cultural backgrounds and in different time zones.
Klook is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented and passionate people of all backgrounds. We believe that a joyful workplace is an inclusive workplace, one where employees from all walks of life have an equal opportunity to thrive. We’re dedicated to creating a welcoming and supportive culture where everyone belongs.
Klook does not accept unsolicited resumes from any temporary staffing agency, placement service or professional recruiter (“Agency”). Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments related to such unsolicited resumes.
An Agency must obtain advance written approval from Klook’s Talent Acquisition Team to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed agreement for service and in response to a specific job opening for which the Agency has been requested to submit resumes for. Klook will not be responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions or other payments to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place or does not comply with the foregoing.