Associate Automation Test Engineer
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
Nintex engineers are building more than just software and know the impact one line of code can make. We are the experts that build the industry’s most complete process and automation platform to transform the way people work. If you’re interested, curious and want to learn and do more, the sky is the limit here. We take a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach and we don’t wait to create and carry out opportunities for innovation in our business – and our products. Our work makes the hard stuff appear easy to anyone with clicks-and-not-code process automation.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
Associate Automation Test Engineer knows the ins and outs of the Testing Lifecycle and has experience in Test automation. As an individual contributor, you are building a solid foundation at Nintex. You are focused on tasks assigned to you within your teams. You reliably deliver your work typically with the support of other test engineers.
You test software artifacts and assist in minor and medium updates to testing frameworks. You will regularly demonstrate ownership and successful identification of defects. All your deliverables will adhere to Nintex’s Secure Software Development Lifecycle and other relevant guidelines.
Your contribution will be:
- You test product features of small to medium complexity, identify defects, and document them with detailed reproduction steps.
- You write automated UI and integration tests of medium complexity, as well as developing and maintaining test cases/scenarios that are aligned with Nintex coding guidelines and engineering principles.
- You demonstrate an understanding of CI/CD concepts, test automation concepts and patterns, and using the testing pyramid to identify test candidates for E2E, Integration, Component, and Unit tests.
- You attend and contribute to team meetings and ceremonies (daily scrum meetings, planning meetings, demos, and retrospective meetings)
- You proactively learn from others' testing and automation best practices while prioritizing learning to support your delivery team.
- You own testing activities, seek functional clarity where required, ask questions to understand and improve test coverage, test cases/scenarios, test automation, and prioritize learning to serve your team better.
- You proactively make small to medium changes to existing test frameworks and pipelines when appropriate.
- You proactively communicate to your team and delivery manager on your work status and seek any help required.
- You accept and integrate constructive feedback effectively.
- You work with a cross-functional project team collaboratively to achieve project goals.
- You promote our culture through the Nintex tenets.
To be successful, we think you need:
- 1-2 years of professional working experience
- Manual Testing Experience
- Mobile Testing Experience
- Ability to actively contribute to the primary testing area of work and the project as a whole.
- Ability to own and deliver testing of features with small to medium complexity.
- Ability to follow best practices to independently create UI/API automated tests of small to medium complexity.
- Ability to independently maintain, troubleshoot, and fix flaky tests.
- Ability to receive uneventful reviews for small to medium testing and automation changes performed.
- Ability to seek feedback from others for growth. You receive feedback positively and exemplify a growth mindset.
- Ability to estimate testing tasks accurately, define and meet testing task milestones on time.
- Ability to keep your team and the Delivery manager aware of work status and blockers on time.
- Ability to receive positive feedback from your team.
- Ability to aim for continual improvement by learning new testing concepts, frameworks, technologies, and teaching others.
- Ability to always adhere to Nintex coding guidelines and standards
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community