Manager, User Experience
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
The Manager, User Experience (UX) Designer will be responsible for deep understanding of the business and customer goals in order to drive exceptional experiences across the entire platform. Working closely with product and engineering leadership, this role will lead a team of UX professionals to drive best practices in robust user research discipline, highly intuitive and delightful designs, and an exceptional communication strategy across cross-functional teams. Individuals in this role must be customer-focused, inspiring and pragmatic and have an analytical approach to decision making. As the manager, this role will be responsible for thought leadership on UX, contributing to an “experience culture” across the organization, as well as ensuring consistency with the global UX team and cross capability collaboration at Nintex.
Your contribution will be:
- Plays a key role in defining and evangelizing best practice design processes including early collaboration with Product on core requirements, driving the teams through ideation, mockups/wireframes, validation, and scope management in line with available engineering resources and constraints.
- Responsible for continually optimizing the design process in collaboration with UX leadership, considering best practices, and ensuring the UX teams are implementing these updates.
- Works collaboratively with Product and Engineering leadership to formulate the product/portfolio vision and creates sketches, prototypes, mock-ups and storyboards as needed to visualize and communicate this vision with key stakeholders.
Leadership and management:
- Build and develop the user experience team within the product domain to meet the needs of the business and the customer, both strategically and tactically.
- Collaboration, evangelism, and mentorship while driving a culture of customer centricity and design thinking across all teams will be critical.
- Creates strong working relationships with all UX leadership and proactively helps with the continual improvement of the global UX team.
- Strategic thinking about how to build and maintain a culture of data driven design, making research and validation a standard and ever-present element of the design process.
- Coaching and leveling up the UX team on conducting needs analysis, product validation, usability testing and other methodologies according to the business need.
- Understanding of bias management, sampling and recruiting, research methods, confound mitigation and results communication via audience appropriate reports is required.
- Conducts research with customers and partners as needed to help drive strategically important initiatives within the business.
Process and Standards:
- Lead by example and help to ensure that user centered design principles are applied through the project lifecycle.
- The success of this role will depend on the Manager, User Experience defining and participating in the development and implementation of User Experience policies, processes and standards for the global UX team.
- Drive contribution and collaboration of the Design System and ensuring that the standards and processes are adhered to.
- With continuous improvement and thought leadership, help in the design of metrics to measure the impact of design changes.
To be successful, we think you need:
- A strong background in UX within the software industry, minimum 7 years
- People leadership experience
- Experience working with a fully remote team spanning over multiple time zones
- Experience in working with Enterprise level SaaS products
- Proven ability to define and improve UX processes
- Understands the importance of low fidelity hand drawn sketches
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.