Senior Data Analyst
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
We are searching for an experienced Sr. Data Analyst to accelerate its growth across all parts of the company’s multi-channel Nintex process management, automation, and optimization platform. This individual will help shape the next generation of Nintex’s companywide internal data architecture, data strategy, BI platforms and analytics to help power our growth agenda. In this role you will help develop our data landscape and help us become more data driven in our decision making to accelerate our growth and presence in our markets. You will help us achieve this by developing our data platforms in Snowflake and Azure Databricks, building datasets to enable analytics, reporting on key business metrics and enabling users throughout our business to help them do their jobs better by developing insights and recommendations for product and go-to market investment decisions.
This includes working with end users to understand their needs, partnering with our Product Data Engineering and Salesforce administration team to land the appropriate data in our data lake (ELT pipelines), using PySpark & Python to model raw data into analytics-friendly database objects in Azure Databricks and Snowflake and enabling our end users to digest the data through visually compelling and clear dashboards in PowerBI. The main languages you will use in this role are PySpark, SQL (multiple dialects), and PowerBI.
We are looking for someone who is a proven leader in applying data engineering and analytics, to drive innovation, with an eye and passion for data quality, and the ability to drive business impact by applying analytical rigor. You will support our senior leadership, product, sales, and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data and be adept at working with large data sets to find opportunities for improving business outcomes. You will provide advice, guidance and mentorship to data analysts in sales and marketing to achieve accurate results. This leader will also collaborate with product development to establish AI/ML strategy and solutions based on product telemetry as well as applicable industry services.
Your contribution will be:
- Continue refining our company data architecture, BI, analytics and Data Science platform for marketing, sales, product and business insight and optimization.
- Mine, analyze and curate custom data sets from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing & sales techniques and business strategies.
- Manage end-to-end BI dashboarding, score carding, and other reporting projects across the organization.
- Design and develop visually compelling dashboards in PowerBI, scorecards, and reports to help tell the data story across the organization.
- Work with team members to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to document meaningful insights and recommendations leading to key strategy decisions to improve marketing campaign performance.
- Gather requirements, iterate with stakeholders to genuinely understand their needs and how to best visualize their data, followed by design, deployment and on-going enhancements.
- Identify data source gaps and help define the business tools and processes to begin capturing the right data to answer business questions.
- Work closely with IT, Product, Marketing, Sales and Finance to align metrics and reporting.
- Ensure a high-level of data quality and accuracy across all relevant data sources.
- Act as a consultant for internal partners and stakeholders for all reporting, analytics, and visualization related topics.
- Partner with teams to provide requirements and project management to operationalize key data sources for the Enterprise Data Ecosystem and core business reporting.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Oversees training and development of other employees to make them more data savvy and data driven.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve company and customer results.
To be successful, we think you need:
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on business acumen.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Advanced (and strong) SQL skills for mining and curating data
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments, such as AWS or Azure, is required
- Experience using the following technologies: Snowflake, Azure Databricks, PowerBI (DAX) & Python (preferred)
- Comfortable working with version control systems
- Ability to synthesize findings into essential insights and communicate them effectively to senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Salesforce, Asana, Outreach
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
Nintex participates in E-Verify for work authorization. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization.