Engineering Manager - AI
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
Nintex engineers are building more than just software and know the impact one line of code can make. We are the experts that build the industry’s most complete process and automation platform to transform the way people work. If you’re interested, curious and want to learn and do more, the sky is the limit here. We take a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach and we don’t wait to create and carry out opportunities for innovation in our business – and our products. Our work makes the hard stuff appear easy to anyone with clicks-and-not-code process automation.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
We are currently building a new AI team which you will be responsible for managing & nurturing. You will be working alongside our Data Science team to integrate and deliver AI-driven features.
Your contribution will be:
- Know the core concepts in the Service Reliability strategy and manage your team’s services to SLOs and SLIs.
- Work closely with Product Management and User Experience Designers to define required product features and behavior in detail, sufficient to create the required design, resourcing, and development plans.
- Monitor new code and designs to identify where test coverage needs adjustment. Make sure that the test requirements are met and integrated into pipelines appropriately.
- Champion quality, making sure it is a priority in your team and across projects.
- Follow security best practices, oversee the creation of secure code, and lead teams in threat modeling.
- Understand and run your team according to agile principles and use data (velocity, burn down, etc.) to track status and improve team performance.
- Maintain unobstructed vision of the risk factors in your workload including the amount of change introduced, cross-discipline developments, cross-product integrations, or the introduction of new development tools and methodologies.
- Identify opportunities and contribute to initiatives that reduce and standardize tooling to streamline our processes, “ways of working” and reduce overhead.
- Collaborate with Product Management to prioritize user stories in line with the product roadmap and to plan product release timelines.
- Coach, support, and enable team members in achieving personal growth and career objectives.
- Lead by example by promoting and embodying Nintex’s values.
- Create training plans collaboratively with your team members to produce the skill sets required in the relevant domains.
To be successful, we think you need:
- 3+ years experience in leading/managing teams
- A strong technical background and deep understanding of software development principles and practices.
- Strategic thinking ; a strategic mindset and be able to align the team's goals with the company's overall objectives
- Passion for AI
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to People Living with Disability who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Company.