At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the implementation, administration, maintenance and evolution of the global Nintex enterprise systems. The Systems Engineer and broader Infrastructure team are responsible for the stability, reliability, and security of our infrastructure and systems.
Your contribution will be:
- Configure, administer, and support core enterprise systems including Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Manager, Intune, O365, Exchange, Defender for Endpoint, SharePoint online, backups, and system monitoring.
- Configure and maintain key Infrastructure systems.
- Monitor system performance and execute proactive maintenance.
- Participate in security investigations leveraging various system logs and our Defender for Endpoint platform.
- Automate and improve processes with scripting technologies such as PowerShell.
- Provide tier 2 support for the internal IT Support team.
- Ensure records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Work with vendors to assist support and upgrade activities.
- Ensure documentation and procedures for best practice standards are constantly being written, improved, and utilized.
- Monitor ticketing system consistently and progress, escalate and resolve tickets efficiently using documented processes and critical thinking.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues and develop effective solutions to ensure systems are running efficiently.
- Audit applications and systems to analyze for compliance and changes that need to be made.
- Perform system upgrades and backups, ensuring data integrity and security.
- Help facilitate a deeper understanding of IT systems across the Support team through use of documentation and training.
To be successful, we think you need:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Systems Engineering role.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with remote team and end users.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills and a team focus.
- A passion for technology.
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community