Contract, Staff Automation Engineers
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
Nintex engineers are building more than just software and know the impact one line of code can make. We are the experts that build the industry’s most complete process and automation platform to transform the way people work. If you’re interested, curious and want to learn and do more, the sky is the limit here. We take a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach and we don’t wait to create and carry out opportunities for innovation in our business – and our products. Our work makes the hard stuff appear easy to anyone with clicks-and-not-code process automation.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
Staff Automation Engineers work on large testing projects and crucial product areas. Using your experience, you guide other team members to improve testing, test automation, and quality. Others seek you out for expert technical guidance on testing. You mentor and build the team's productivity and efficiency in testing and quality.
You contribute input for pioneering best practices in test automation to build QA process efficiency. You have a consistent record of strong leadership in the testing and automation domain.
Your contribution will be:
- You provide guidance on test architecture and drive product releases from a test and overall quality perspective.
- You independently write and execute integration and E2E tests. You leverage the Test Pyramid and provide guidance when determining which tests are candidates for Unit, Integration, and E2E tests.
- You have an in-depth understanding of CI/CD pipelines and lead initiatives for incorporating continuous delivery.
- You assist in building and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks and seek ways to increase test automation coverage across product teams.
- You provide detailed estimates on both the planning and testing stages.
- You assist in decision-making around tooling, automation practices, and testing solutions.
- You demonstrate a strong focus on non-functional testing (performance, security, accessibility, reliability, etc.) and build out automated testing solutions aligned with Nintex engineering principles.
- You identify and prioritize test conditions addressing product risks and features to be tested.
- You attend and contribute to team ceremonies and meetings (daily scrum meetings, planning meetings, demos, and retrospective meetings).
- You actively look at ways to improve your team's quality and testing landscape and encourage re-use and knowledge sharing.
- You proactively communicate to your team and delivery manager on your work status and seek any help required.
- You provide ongoing technical guidance to junior members on automation and testing.
- You promote our culture through the Nintex tenets.
To be successful, we think you will need:
- 5+ years experience in automation testing
- Have experience leading/mentoring other team members
- Experience with Selenium and other testing tools and frameworks e.g. PlayWright, JMeter etc
- An interest/experience in data/AI/ML would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to People Living with Disability who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Company.