Senior SRE Engineer
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
Nintex engineers are building more than just software and know the impact one line of code can make. We are the experts that build the industry’s most complete process and automation platform to transform the way people work. If you’re interested, curious and want to learn and do more, the sky is the limit here. We take a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach and we don’t wait to create and carry out opportunities for innovation in our business – and our products. Our work makes the hard stuff appear easy to anyone with clicks-and-not-code process automation.
We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
You are comfortable working with technical complexity and building reusable infrastructure that can streamline development and operational pipelines. You pioneer best practices to boost quality and productivity. You work with composite technologies within ambiguous projects to deliver successful outcomes. You mentor other engineers and support both your team as well as Product members. You specialize in systems (OS’s, Storage, Networking) while implementing best practices for availability, reliability, and scalability with interests in distributed systems as Kubernetes.
Your contribution will be:
- You are highly skilled and sufficiently experienced in Nintex DevOps tools and processes to own a long-term program or technology such as Kubernetes, etc.
- You write scripts, tools and utilities that support and integrate with delivery pipelines and you integrate telemetry where appropriate.
- You are called into incidents and bring trusted knowledge in your platform domain.
- You debug and fix infrastructure issues on production environments quickly using the relevant tools and guidelines to prevent recurrence.
- You build, promote and support infrastructure patterns and practices within Nintex.
- You provide coaching/mentoring to other Engineers on the team
- You lead or contribute to post-mortems for incidents, including root cause analysis and identification of preventative and remedial actions.
- You continuously monitor our platform performance and take immediate action to improve it
- You review and advise on appropriate design patterns to solve automation and infrastructure problems without creating technical debt.
- You design and build complex infrastructure components for distributed systems as Kubernetes.
- You manage competing priorities, leveraging the Nintex Objective Key Results (OKR) framework.
- You explain all aspects of the infrastructure from your domain(s) to new engineers.
- You initiate and lead the refactoring of complex parts of the infrastructure.
- You identify optimization opportunities anywhere in the development or operations functions and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions.
- You suggest and contribute improvements to Nintex platform and observability tools and practices.
- You are continually on the lookout for opportunities to reduce errors through automating and standardizing processes. You bring infrastructure components into managed implementations like Infrastructure as Code (IaC), configuration management, and container usage.
- Each solution that you design, and implement will adhere to the relevant guidelines in support of security, disaster recovery, scalability, availability, reliability, and durability.
- You are an active part of the incident management process, including on-call rotation and unblocking technical and operational decisions, related to Nintex Platform.
- You contribute to script libraries, infrastructure provisioning templates, reporting mechanisms or other shared repositories that will increase the productivity and success of Nintex teams.
- You act as a reliability champion
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews
To be successful, we think you need:
- AWS experience
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and RKE
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, AlertManager etc
- Experience with performance tuning and workload optimization
- Contribute to high-quality and successful product releases.
- You contribute to relevant guilds, practice forums and other initiatives to improve Nintex’s DevOps and SRE discipline.
- You have an in-depth understanding of distributed systems architecture, as well as monitoring and observability practices and tools.
- You quickly resolve priority infrastructure issues and help other technical team members or Product Managers understand how to avoid them in the future.
- You provide detailed estimates for work items you propose or assigned.
- You assist in decision-making around tooling, automation practices, and testing solutions.
- You stay up-to-date with technology trends and use this knowledge help your team and the broader Engineering practice.
- You run Nintex infrastructure with IaC tools (as Terraform) and GitHub Actions for automation, containerize our environments (Kubernetes) and leverage cloud technologies to meet our goals
- You maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- You document every action to turn into repeatable actions that then are turned into automation
- You debug production issues across services and all levels of the stack
- You share the learnings through issues, runbooks, documentation, and brownbag sessions
- You foster effective collaboration between product, engineering, and design teams.
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community
Nintex participates in E-Verify for work authorization. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization.