Contract, Senior UX Designer
At Nintex, we are transforming the way people work, everywhere.
- Nintex is the global standard for process intelligence and automation. Today more than 10,000 public and private sector organizations across 90 countries turn to the Nintex Process Platform to accelerate progress on their digital transformation journeys by quickly and easily managing, automating and optimizing business processes. We improve their lives though the technology we build.
- Nintex engineers are building more than just software and know the impact one line of code can make. We are the experts that build the industry’s most complete process and automation platform to transform the way people work. If you’re interested, curious and want to learn and do more, the sky is the limit here. We take a solutions-oriented and collaborative approach and we don’t wait to create and carry out opportunities for innovation in our business – and our products. Our work makes the hard stuff appear easy to anyone with clicks-and-not-code process automation.
- We are committed to fostering a workplace that supports amazing people in doing their very best work every day. Collaboration is constant, our workplace is fun, the environment is fast-paced and we value our people’s curiosity, ideas and enthusiasm. We deliver on our commitments, we don't wait to implement ideas or fix issues, and we treat each other with respect and consideration.
About the role:
- The Senior User Experience Designer will be responsible for the UX consistency across their domain as well as digital interfaces including software, websites, mobile and all other applications. This role will also create, evaluate and modify prototypes to support evolving software application development. Individuals in this role must be user-focused and analytical. As a senior member of the team this role will be responsible for thought leadership and mentorship of junior UX designers on interaction design, usability, and research.
Your contribution will be:
- Design Process: The Senior User Experience Designer will play a key role leading the design process in their domain and working collaboratively with UX peers to drive consistency across the organization. The Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for the end-to-end ownership of the user experience process including ideation, concept development, usability testing and consultation with engineering teams during implementation. The Senior User Experience Designer will research with our customer base to feed into UX designs, and will design and build UX sketches, prototypes, mock-ups, wireframes and storyboards.
- Research: The Senior User Experience Designer thinks strategically about how to improve the user experiences overall and will research and develop user scenarios which will be used during the design and development process. In this role, the individual will both conduct research and mentor other designers, using various methods to explore user needs and identify potential usability issues, and design opportunities. Upon research completion, this role will be responsible for or mentor another designer in the analysis of research findings, writing reports and communicating results to the UX and product teams. Key stakeholders including Directors, Engineering, Product Managers and other UX designers will be kept informed of research progress verbally and through appropriate documentation.
- Testing and Best Practice: The Senior User Experience Designer will execute usability testing, ideally prior to engineering implementation, to ensure that solutions provided and researched will be accessible and intuitive. Recommendations and enhancements will be made as needed. The ability to stay on top of current trends in usability best practices and methods will be crucial to the success of this role and the Senior User Experience Designer will continuously research in this field and share with other designers within the organization.
- Process and Standards: This role will lead by example and help to ensure that user centered design principles are applied through the project lifecycle. In addition, the success of this role will depend on the Senior User Experience Designer participating in the development and implementation of User Experience research policies, processes and standards. The Senior User Experience Designer will assist in maintaining the UX library and toolkits and ensuring that the standards and processes are adhered to by junior designers they are mentoring. In the spirit of continuous improvement and thought leadership, the Senior User Experience Designer will also help in the design of metrics to measure the impact of design changes.
- Work Complexity and Business Requirements: The Senior User Experience Designer will be a valued member of their team and add value to processes within the UX team. This role will work on multiple moderate to complex tasks / projects, working well as part of the team to collaborate with the research and development organisation to define and fulfill business concepts and solutions aimed at the success of Nintex in the short and long term.
- You may be directed to perform other reasonable tasks by your manager.
To be successful, we think you need:
- 3+ years as a UX Designer
- Experience in working with a fully remote team spanning over multiple time zones
- Experience in working with Enterprise level products
- Strong collaboration with Engineer and Product management teams
- Likes hand drawn sketching vs relying on tools
- Experience designing for technical products and/or highly technical users
What’s in it for you?
Nintex employees have the freedom to work how they work best. We are virtual-first across our global workforce. Our people work in the way that best suits them and their teams - whether at home, in an office, or another place that sparks creativity, focus and collaboration. Our work environment is such that our people can successfully deliver their work while adequately supporting their lifestyle and preferences.
While our offerings differ from country to country, we offer our entire global workforce an array of exciting perks and benefits, including
- Global Gratitude and Recharge Days
- Mindfulness and counseling resources
- Invention/patenting assistance
- Meaningful recognition
- Community impact opportunities
- Multiple tools through which to learn and grow, and an incredible global community