Product Marketing MBA Intern
Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a future office in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
What We Are Looking For:
We are scaling our Product Marketing team at MasterClass. This is a rare opportunity to help build something new from the ground up, with the potential to make significant impact on the company and the consumer. You will be joining a supportive and collaborative team, and your role will be instrumental in supporting the growth of our Product Marketing efforts.
Product Marketing is the voice of the consumer. You will partner with Product, Content, and Marketing to build compelling offerings and drive consumer adoption. You are the force multiplier that brings our consumer to our experiments, devices, and offerings so that the work we all do can generate business-level impact and so that our consumers can find the product experiences that best meet their needs. When done well, you will seamlessly show our audiences how we fit into their lives.
What You Will Do:
- You will drive 360 marketing strategies:
- Defining the audience and positioning strategy for new product features that improve our users’ learning journey
- Creating the naming and packaging strategy for product surfaces to better communicate our offerings and drive higher CTR and CVR
- Leading go-to-market campaigns for product experiments so we can better match consumers with the experiences that meet their needs
- Driving awareness and adoption for desirable but underutilized features and devices across our product portfolio
- You will be on the ground floor as we stand-up and scale the Product Marketing function:
- Build a measurement framework and success baseline for Product Marketing
- Establish ways of working across the company
- Create the frameworks for how Product Marketing defines product positioning, packaging, GTM, and creative
- Assist with defining the Product Marketing roadmap and experiment learning agendas
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience, pursuing your Masters degree. Specialty in Marketing is a plus.
- At least 1 year of experience in a hands-on marketing role, leading end-to-end campaigns and collaborating with marketing creatives and channel owners
- At least 1 year of experience in a hands-on product role, either as a PM or working on product-forward campaigns
- 1-2 years working successfully in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional role managing and coordinating multiple relationships and projects from start to finish. Ideal examples are in a start-up, as a PMM, or in management consulting
- You love the spirit of a challenger brand and know how to be scrappy to drive outsized impact
- You have a bias-for-action mentality
- You have a good understanding for different parts of a product ecosystem and how to move users through the product funnel (e.g. engagement loops, growth loops)
- You nerd out on brilliant campaigns that made you think about products or features in new and powerful ways
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
The salary range is for CA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.